When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Is This B6 Worth?

-
They are both really nice riding bikes, the best IMO, and frame size would be very similar... Your 5 Star is missing the rear rack I'd say, never seen one come without it.

The early 50's Westfields/Columbias are one of my favorite bikes right up there with Schwinns... but I would choose the Schwinn, the 5 Stars just don't have the same value as Schwinns do, that Schwinn is worth at least double the 5 Star, even restored (assuming it's not all repop parts).

Darcie

I see you are also in Michigan, and that B6 looks just like a B6 I sold at the Ann Arbor swap back in April, right down to the lightning dart tires. The one I sold was an amateur restoration that looked great from a distance and looked ok up close. I got either $800 or $850 (my memory sucks)

I'd be riding that Schwinn.... Love the B6s so much better than Phantoms.

12647260_10156540315555083_768861920546150650_n.jpg

I was offered to trade my 90% original 1951 Columbia 5 star superb for this 1952 Schwinn B6 that has been completely restored. Good or bad deal? My Columbia is the bottom pic. View attachment 367665 View attachment 367666

I see you are also in Michigan, and that B6 looks just like a B6 I sold at the Ann Arbor swap back in April, right down to the lightning dart tires. The one I sold was an amateur restoration that looked great from a distance and looked ok up close. I got either $800 or $850 (my memory sucks)
Here is a pic of the one I sold at Ann Arbor. I think it may be the same bike. I replaced the chainguard decal that's missing in this pic. Personally, although I like Schwinns, I think I'd rather have the original paint Columbia than a repainted Schwinn. It just comes down to the question of which one do YOU like better?
b66 (1024x576).jpg

Last edited:
Here is a pic of the one I sold at Ann Arbor. I think it may be the same bike. I replaced the chainguard decal that's missing in this pic. Personally, although I like Schwinns, I think I'd rather have the original paint Columbia than a repainted Schwinn. It just comes down to the question of which one do YOU like better?
View attachment 368852

Did that one have a Hazel Park license plate on it? this one does. I've seen the bike in person and it was pretty nice.

I was offered to trade my 90% original 1951 Columbia 5 star superb for this 1952 Schwinn B6 that has been completely restored. Good or bad deal? My Columbia is the bottom pic. View attachment 367665 View attachment 367666[/
View attachment 368852
The Schwinn .way better rider

Back