When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Size Spokes?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

teisco

Finally riding a big boys bike
Just got a Sturmey Archer S2c two speed kickback hub and need to respoke in into my medium weight Schwinn 26 inch rim. The outside diameter of the out hub flange is 3 inches.

TYPICAL 10 5/8 INCH SPOKES WORK FINE IN A 26 INCH S-7 RIM,
USING A CROSS OVER 3 PATTERN, JUST LIKE THE TYPICAL S-7 BUILD WHEEL.

Now where is a source for said spokes? Torrington nipples prewar length.
I just noticed this was concerning lightweight- middle weight. My apologies to the bicycle community'

Last edited:
"TYPICAL 10 5/8 INCH SPOKES WORK FINE IN A 26 INCH S-7 RIM,
USING A CROSS OVER 3 PATTERN, JUST LIKE THE TYPICAL S-7 BUILD WHEEL."

Is that with the standard Schwinn coaster rear hub or the 2 speed kickback hub. The 2 speed kickback rear hub is 3 inches across, standard is smaller.

There are several spoke length sites on the net that work very well. You plug in all your data and it will give you the exact length you need in mm. Shouldn't be hard to find a site you like. No guessing required. Roger

"TYPICAL 10 5/8 INCH SPOKES WORK FINE IN A 26 INCH S-7 RIM,
USING A CROSS OVER 3 PATTERN, JUST LIKE THE TYPICAL S-7 BUILD WHEEL."

Is that with the standard Schwinn coaster rear hub or the 2 speed kickback hub. The 2 speed kickback rear hub is 3 inches across, standard is smaller.

THE SPOKES ARE THE SAME LENGTH FOR ALL. 10 5/8 INCHES.
DROP CENTER SPOKES LIKEWISE, BUT CROSS OVER 4 LACING PATTERN.

Just got a Sturmey Archer S2c two speed kickback hub and need to respoke in into my medium weight Schwinn 26 inch rim. The outside diameter of the out hub flange is 3 inches.
10and7/8 4 cross,just finished 2 wheels,spokes from memry lane

Back