When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What the mentality behind this line of thinking?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

SJ_BIKER

Riding a 41 Super Deluxe
So ive done this before....and without mentioning a word to another bike guy....ive noticed other fellow bike guys do this too....it goes something like this "i just scored an aerocycle front fender.....now im going to find the rest of it for a rebuild"...... ???

Most people cannot afford or simply will not spend more than a few hundred on a bike in one shot...For these enthusiasts, it simply makes more sense to do it over time, hope to get a few deals along the way and piece it together...And yes, we all know it will cost much more in the end but some really enjoy putting the puzzle together over throwing cash on a table for the done deal...I have done it both ways, the trick is, this hobby is much more fun if you NEVER ADD UP THE RECEIPTS

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk

Most people cannot afford or simply will not spend more than a few hundred on a bike in one shot...For these enthusiasts, it simply makes more sense to do it over time, hope to get a few deals along the way and piece it together...And yes, we all know it will cost much more in the end but some really enjoy putting the puzzle together over throwing cash on a table for the done deal...I have done it both ways, the trick is, this hobby is much more fun if you NEVER ADD UP THE RECEIPTS

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk
Perfectly put

I personally don't get it, though I couldn't resist this at the last Dudley show.

DSC02278.jpg

So ive done this before....and without mentioning a word to another bike guy....ive noticed other fellow bike guys do this too....it goes something like this "i just scored an aerocycle front fender.....now im going to find the rest of it for a rebuild"...... ???

I've done this too, as far as "putting"
together a bike because it is rare and
not easy to locate. And is $$$$$ if one
is available.

I can understand the feeling when finding a part.
Perhaps it has dual purpose.
Sharing with others the joy and also
advertising with the idea that someone
reading it might have something to add to the project. This is pure speculating!

Last edited:
A few years ago I bought a complete, running, original Knucklehead. Paid the going rate. I have five friends in the group I ride with all building knuckleheads one part at a time. They all have double the $$$$ into their builds then I have in my bike. Sometimes it is better to save your money and buy it all at once.
11295613_10205657913998679_184667018476741839_n.jpg

Back