When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Year?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
No help here, but that is a nice lookin bike man! Whatever year it is......

Yes it is! With the newly added pictures and knowing Schwinn had a few brainfarts with their serial number stampings, this could possibly be one of the very first Phantoms. Any addition help with a crank casting to seal the deal?

I'm not buying that. 05/25 ------------------ F099927 ---------------- F101278

The OP's # S300146

If it was a letter mishap, here is the F letter that would include the OP's number. There are some S letters on the 1949 list.
10/28/49 ------------------ F298291 ---------------- F302087
Do you mean to say there are no S letters on the 1949 list?

Do you mean to say there are no S letters on the 1949 list?

Did you read my post that you quoted? There are some days that had the S prefix.

I'm beginning to believe that the actual SN list is in error and not Schwinn's stampings. Easy typo, especially with the S numbers just below the OP's numerical number.

Last edited:
Did you read my post that you quoted? There are some days that had the S prefix.

I'm beginning to believe that the actual SN list is in error and not Schwinn's stampings. Easy typo, especially with the S numbers just below the OP's numerical number.
Yes I read it,sorry when I looked quickly at the serial numbers I missed the S numbers. Odd that they jump from F all the way to S and back to F.

Yes I read it,sorry when I looked quickly at the serial numbers I missed the S numbers. Odd that they jump from F all the way to S and back to F.

Yes it is odd. And after seeing the OP's serial number I believe the Serial Number list is somewhat flawed and there should have been more earlier S numbers. Maybe a mistake when the numbers were transferred online from the original list or?

Yes it is odd. And after seeing the OP's serial number I believe the Serial Number list is somewhat flawed and there should have been more earlier S numbers. Maybe a mistake when the numbers were transferred online from the original list or?
I'll keep my bikes in the family until this is worked out.

Back