When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which Roadbike Should I Keep?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

partsguy

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Well, I have a choice between the American-made Cannondale or the Italian-made Bianchi. Which one should I keep? After riding both, I'm torn. Also, what is each one worth?

Yeah, I need to adjust the stem on the Cannondale.

Looking forward to everyone's input!

6817930d22060059576ca24624ac1539.jpg
15b4f0de64dc484de942bd7e276bc10a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Given a choice I'd probably keep the Cannondale only because I only like a Bianchi in Celeste. Another factor might be picking the one with teh best components! I don't believe either are terribly valuable so that won't be a factor. V/r Shawn

Given a choice I'd probably keep the Cannondale only because I only like a Bianchi in Celeste. Another factor might be picking the one with teh best components! I don't believe either are terribly valuable so that won't be a factor. V/r Shawn
Celeste?? Ewww lol

The Cannondale's thumb shifters feel more precise, but I REALLY like that the Bianchi's paddle shifters are up on the handlebar, by the brake lever.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm with Shawn,I only like the Bianchis in Celeste . Does it say Made in Italy on it ? What are the components ?

I'm with Shawn,I only like the Bianchis in Celeste . Does it say Made in Italy on it ? What are the components ?

It does say "Made in Italy" with the Italian flag. I'll have to look at the components when I get home. It has paddle shifters like you would see in a modern Ferrari or Lamborghini. I do like not having to reach down so far to shift gears. Kind of leaning on the Bianchi for that reason alone.

My buddy was delighted to sell his Cannondale tandem and replace it with a Santana - steel

Compare the ride and climbing - steel works better.
Is the Cannondale really faster, or does it just ride rougher, which your brain translates into speed (ragged edge feeling)?

Once upon a time, aluminum frames flexed (Alan). When they began making mountain bikes from aluminum, they discovered flexing aluminum cracks and when flexing aluminum cracks, it fails catastrophically. So they went back to the drawing board and made aluminum frames rigid with redundant support so they could sustain cracks without failing catastrophically.
Steel uses flex both for good ride and to convert your pedaling energy into a frame resonance that actually pushes you forward, making for better climbing.
https://janheine.wordpress.com/2014/11/23/what-is-planing/

Steel has class and will be here forever. Bianchi's current steel bike retails for $4000.

Last edited:
How long do you like to ride and what kind of terrain? That Cannondale is more racing oriented, faster at the expense of comfort. The steel Bianchi will not be not as stiff and efficient but much more comfy

I do not believe the Cannondale is faster.

Between the two bikes, it's set up with a more aggressive riding position

If you want to make your Bianchi faster, put better tires on it.

Last edited:
Back