When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Womens Shelby Eagle BAR find

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

sludgeguy

Finally riding a big boys bike
20161026_160025-1.jpg
I found this Shelby Eagle in an old bar that has been converted to a catch all. It seems to be mostly original except the grips. I will give it a bath and get some better photos tomorrow. Was it worth the $100 I gave?
20161026_160206.jpg
20161026_163929.jpg

Is that a 3, first number before the 7 ? I'd guess late thirties, going by the frame style, truss rods & front hub, from here.

Probably not the 30s
Frame style looks like 50s but has mid. 40s parts. somewhere in the 40s would be my guess
I have had some bikes with truss rods that has the plate under the crank with 1949 on them.
As far as the drop center rims and crank not being skip tooth.that's why I would say 1943 or later

That is about what I was thinking too. As it doesn't have a drop stand either. Thanks! Is it possible for the headlight to be original or would that have been a tombstone/biscuit light? The paint looks like it was the original light.

I would say biscuit if it would have even had a light
It's one of the cheapest base model bikes of that year. as you can see no tank truss rods instead of spring. cheaper fenders so if it would have had a light I would say biscuit light.
Paint should clean up like new. nothing better than old paint. way better than junk new stuff

Looking forward to seeing it shine again

Back