When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Womens Shelby Eagle BAR find

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Light is not original as 38airflow said. I believe the first year for the Bendix was '47 and it looks original to bike. The only thing is I thought after the war they started putting the model tags on the bottom bracket? Shelby experts please? V/r Shawn

I would say biscuit if it would have even had a light
It's one of the cheapest base model bikes of that year. as you can see no tank truss rods instead of spring. cheaper fenders so if it would have had a light I would say biscuit light.
Paint should clean up like new. nothing better than old paint. way better than junk new stuff

Looking forward to seeing it shine again
What's wrong with "JUNK NEW STUFF"?
yhmtyhmk.jpg

looks like left over prewar stuff, so 47-48 is probably as close as you'll be able to get.

I agree it's probably 47-48. As far as leftover prewar parts, I can't see the chainguard. But the frame and fenders are shown in Shelby catalogs from 1940 to 1951, and knowing Shelby were probably still showing up on the Amf/Shelby bikes post 53. The chainring also debuted in 1940 and was used into the late fifties, long after the Amf takeover. It shows up on some of the late bikes that were a mix of CWC and Shelby parts.

The light could well of been a biscuit light but just as easily could have been a torpedo. Both were used. Frame also could have had a tank or rear rack. Hard telling with Shelbys mix and match assembly practices.

Well the paint on the fenders, and chain guard were too far gone for my wife to enjoy so it was pretty much a restore. I think its okay for my first try at a restoration. Lots I learned and much more to go. I still very much prefer the gentle clean and ride em warts and all, but if Mama isn't happy...
20170609_104642.jpg

20170609_104651.jpg
20170609_104659.jpg

I am keeping the original bars and seat for it, she wanted comfort over orginality.

Back