When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Women's Westfield Columbia Army Bicycle

-
Thanks for the info. about the women's saddle

If you have line on one (Persons Majestic Saddle) please email me at [email protected].

Also a reasonable price on a pump, brackets or tool bag would be appreciated.

Here's a phone number leave a message 801-860-4254 Utah USA

Thanks to all !!

While progress has been slow these last few weeks, I'm still on track to get this done before Easter...
I have just about all the parts needed for this project and a saddle is being refurbished as I write this...

I spent countless hours trying to remove the blue color while saving the original OD underneath, but I gave up in the end...
I sanded the entire frame to bare metal and took it from there...

MG14041814Feb151-1.jpg

Found some unknown markings on the rear forks...

MG14041814Feb153-1.jpg

The original frame headplate was clearly fitted before primer and OD were applied... The plate is metal, not brass...

MG14041814Feb154-1.jpg

Frame and spokes were sprayed red oxide primer, and are awaiting a first coat of OD...

MG14041815Feb151-1.jpg

MG14041815Feb152-1.jpg

After that it will be assemble of hubs and spokes into NOS rims, and trueing...

Johan,
Great progress! Good to hear you found a saddle to refurb. Is it just getting cleaned up or did you find someone to work new leather with a P-M logo into it? I've got most my bike stripped clean, but my progress hasn't been quite as fast. I too spent several wasted hours trying to clean to save the original green, but was unsuccessful. I love the way those rear dropouts look. That is very different from the Huffman style. I wonder if anyone else has identified any other markings on their bikes. Date stamps?
Great stuff, can't wait to see more.

I bought a Women's Saddle on Ebay the other day. It was advertised as a Troxel but was actually a Persons.
The leather was cracked and torn and I had it sent to a friend who refurbished the saddle for my Huffman last year.
It will be smooth brown leather covered complete with Persons logo...

Here's a view of the saddle on the Huffy, I still need to attach the crash tabs...

D5054613Apr1417-1.jpg

That leather work is gorgeous! You'll have to ride standing up so people can appreciate the craftsmanship as you roll by.

Back