When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

work benchs ....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I like steel plate

you can drill and tap or weld to it or whatever and then just reweld grind etc

Can hammer on it better than OSB - I cut up a rubber pickup bed floormat for a softer work surface where ever needed . Now if I could just clean all the clutter that has accumulated since this pic:

100_8587.jpg

I've got a sheet of galvanized steel, bent to fit with a backsplash, etc. Works nice. I don't weld to it to make jigs or anything, but as a solvent resistant and durable surface, it's awesome. Stainless would be nicer, but sheesh.. pay for that!

I got this bad boy from Craigslist. It is 8'x6' long. All the drawers open with a key. The PO delivered it to my house for a grand total of $150! :) For that kind of money you can't even buy the material to make it. The PO lived about 70 miles from my home. A real nice guy. He got it from a factory that closed in his neighborhood years ago. Craigslist is the way to go for affordable work benches.

Attachments

• IMG_20140829_190657_542.jpg
    IMG_20140829_190657_542.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 410
That rocks!

I got this bad boy from Craigslist. It is 8'x6' long. All the drawers open with a key. The PO delivered it to my house for a grand total of $150! :) For that kind of money you can't even buy the material to make it. The PO lived about 70 miles from my home. A real nice guy. He got it from a factory that closed in his neighborhood years ago. Craigslist is the way to go for affordable work benches.

Crazy low price but I would be afraid to use it- too pretty!

I think formica is the best workbench surface. Easy to clean and very durable.

Back