When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worth $200.00?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Way more than i would pay for such a rust bucket. If you decide to buy, make sure you can remove the seat post and handlebar stem before buying. If you can't get em' out, at best it could take hours/days of frustration and aggravation, at worst impossible to remove with destroying seat tube, seat post, stem, or steer tube.

I don't think you need to ask me how I know. :mad:

Some people look at bicycle collecting as a passion, and some (most?) look at it as a business. They look at every purchase from a profit and loss perspective. If you are one of these P&L types, stay away form this bike. If you love the challenge of fixing up an oldie and bringing it back to life to ride and enjoy, this may be for you. The rewards may not be there from a cash perspective, but the experience of working on it and seeing the results has no cash value. Pride of accomplishment and gaining skills goes beyond profit.

cool survivor, wipe-down, service, ride, enjoy.
fenders are stainless? I'll guess 90% or more of the people who see the bike won't know it's missing the rack even with the bracket left on.
The same percentage will love it and say "Look at that old Schwinn!!" with a big smile.
I say make an offer :cool:

Last edited:
Some people look at bicycle collecting as a passion, and some (most?) look at it as a business. They look at every purchase from a profit and loss perspective. If you are one of these P&L types, stay away form this bike. If you love the challenge of fixing up an oldie and bringing it back to life to ride and enjoy, this may be for you. The rewards may not be there from a cash perspective, but the experience of working on it and seeing the results has no cash value. Pride of accomplishment and gaining skills goes beyond profit.

Is there not a happy medium? I love riding and working on old bikes more than anything else on the planet. It really is when im most happy. Plenty of pride, loads of accomplishment, love the challenge of bringing back an oldie, but hey....i aint made of money! Taking a pass on a bike thats too rough for my liking does not make me a PNL guy, im just smart about what I spend my hard earned money on.

Nothing wrong with passing on a project that you are not excited about. My point is that if you see a bike that gets your juices flowing, go for it regardless of the long term profit potential. You might learn something, and have some fun along the way.

I'm not a P&L guy, but I don't see the harm in trying to make a few bucks on bikes that don't trip my trigger in order to be able to afford the ones that do. The best way for me to get ahead in this hobby is to not piss off the wife by spending all the grocery money on bikes. I just picked up a 74 Suburban for $25 over the weekend. I am going to clean it up and use it as practice for improving my skills. Then I hope I can sell it for $100.

Swap meet bike, maybe $125, public advertised, $175 or so, the enjoyment you will get out of a week or two of tearing it down, cleaning the paint and chrome, and a fresh set of rubber, excellent learning experience. The looks you get tooling around on an old American bike when most people ride China stuff, priceless!! Joe

well, someone snagged the one I posted before I could make up my mind. And Milwaukee is a little too far away. I'll keep looking.

Back