When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB freewheel removal tool for JMoyne 4-speed freewheel

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

BlackRockJohhny

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hello!

I need a tool that can remove a JMoyne 4-speed freewheel. The pic below shows the freewheel.
This is on a 1960 Schwinn Varsity.
Feel free to call me at 214 901 1611 or send email to [email protected]

Thanks!

freewheel_showing_model_info.JPG

This freewheel uses a two prong remover that is notorious for being a pain in the butt. The next best thing is a #8 easy out with about 1/4 inch taken off the end so it does not bottom out on the hub and/or dust cap. The axle must be removed from the hub and you can pull these off with ease and very little damage.
c77217072b64da3ec8f6fec400c6d988.jpg

I've been lucky a few times and have got them off with this two prong remover I got from a LBS in a box of misc tools. I think it's newer but it fits them decent enough to try. I usually try this first but with only enough force to not cause any harm.
a392047494cea77a9cb69d0593a30f7a.jpg
518034710934341270cd2359d55a0fc4.jpg

After my experience with many of those two prong freewheels, I'd suggest the easy out like mentioned above. It's not worth the time and effort using the freewheel tool since it will peel that soft lip right off the freewheel in most cases.

This freewheel uses a two prong remover that is notorious for being a pain in the butt. The next best thing is a #8 easy out with about 1/4 inch taken off the end so it does not bottom out on the hub and/or dust cap. The axle must be removed from the hub and you can pull these off with ease and very little damage.
c77217072b64da3ec8f6fec400c6d988.jpg

Thanks, Schwinn499! That did the trick!

After my experience with many of those two prong freewheels, I'd suggest the easy out like mentioned above. It's not worth the time and effort using the freewheel tool since it will peel that soft lip right off the freewheel in most cases.

thanks, GTs58! The #8 Easy out did the trick!

Back