When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new bike 1956 Schwinn Corvette

-

Rookie

Finally riding a big boys bike
This is my new bike, picked it up today!

DSC00611-1.jpg

DSC00608-1.jpg

DSC00609-1.jpg

DSC00604-1.jpg

DSC00603-1.jpg

DSC00606-1.jpg

DSC00607-1.jpg

DSC00605-1.jpg

im digging it! :p

yes it is a 3 speed but i don't know what a bendix hub is :S im still a noob, Could someone possibly enlighten me?

Last edited:
man where you getting all these bikes? the hunting grounds must be fresh in you area.... truthfully i would say look at the break arm but i'm pretty new at this too so look for an inscription on the hub shell it's possible i could be asturmey archer does the generator work??

those internal hubs are cool around hear you just don't see them anymore i have a shamino 3 speed that i laced to a 26 2.125 rim for my rat ride and i am currently having a bendix yellow band 2 speed laced to the same size rim for my 1954-56 schwinn straight bar. i believe the hub came off a tandem so i am putting a thicker grade spoke on it something like 1.05 my local bicycle shop repair man said it would be close to the size of motor cycle spokes. how true that will be is yet to be seen. i like the internal gears i just don't like all the wires i like my bicycles to look regular with that hidden aspect and i think thats very cool

those internal hubs are cool around hear you just don't see them anymore i have a shamino 3 speed that i laced to a 26 2.125 rim for my rat ride and i am currently having a bendix yellow band 2 speed laced to the same size rim for my 1954-56 schwinn straight bar. i believe the hub came off a tandem so i am putting a thicker grade spoke on it something like 1.05 my local bicycle shop repair man said it would be close to the size of motor cycle spokes. how true that will be is yet to be seen. i like the internal gears i just don't like all the wires i like my bicycles to look regular with that hidden aspect and i think thats very cool
i forgot to add that the hub i'm having laced is a kickback

Back