When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JC Higgins serial number -- can I find manufacture date?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
J

jimsimm

I have a JC Higgins bicycle that I'm trying to find out when it was made. The Serial number I have is 504-45030 1573265. Anyone know or have any idea where I can go for help? Thanks!

4503 is in the 1956 catalog as a girls' balloner 26", two tone blue, with a streamlined front fender light and truss rods. It also says these were made in W. Germany, so it likely has a 3 piece crank, and was built by Stelber. In fact, I believe I had the same bike. Does this look familiar?
adamtinkererscollection011-1.jpg

I have this serial 502 45210 591118. Can you help identifying this bike

4521 was the catalog # of a 1948 ladies' touring bike, with skinny 26 x 1.375 tires, and a black finish with gold trim.

I have what i think is a late 50's model JC HIGGINS 26" women's that may have been made in england.

it shows 857 4767 with 790490 stamped below. all #'s are located under the pedalcrank tube.

and....i cannot take the chain off of it. cannot find a master link to save my life...never saw that before....

4503 is in the 1956 catalog as a girls' balloner 26", two tone blue, with a streamlined front fender light and truss rods. It also says these were made in W. Germany, so it likely has a 3 piece crank, and was built by Stelber. In fact, I believe I had the same bike. Does this look familiar?

That's the same model bike I picked up for my bride a couple of weeks ago.

I have what i think is a late 50's model JC HIGGINS 26" women's that may have been made in england.

it shows 857 4767 with 790490 stamped below. all #'s are located under the pedalcrank tube.

I couldn't find a match for that exact number, but 4700 series numbers show up in the '57 catalog, and most models used 5 digit numbers, '63 and later, there were several 47000 series models. And of course, there were numerous bikes made that were never shown in any catalog, like the Monark and Huffy built JC Higgins.

Back