When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Cycleplane Model 35 De Luxe circa 1935 Vintage

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
T

timberline12k

Schwinn Cycleplane Bicycle Model 35 De Luxe circa 1935 Vintage

I am selling my mother’s Schwinn Cycleplane Model 35 De Luxe circa 1935.

1006830393_9r6abXL-1.jpg

Additional photos are available at the following link:

http://www.diddephoto.com/Family/Schwinn/13741094_5ACjN#1006830393_9r6ab

To view the highest detail photos, select original size.

I would like to thank those that helped me (especially Mark) in identifying the model year and notable features. Highlighted below are a few of those:

1935 Schwinn Cycleplane Motorbike
Original paint red and white with blue pin stripes
Red is a desirable color for a Cycleplane
There appears to be various parts of the bike that have been touched up or "house painted", probably at the bike shop prior to purchase in the early 1940s.
As an example, the tank has been painted over and I am unable to determine if the original paint and decals are underneath
Double Diamond frame
Wide fenders
Flat fender braces
Original Aerocycle seat
Original Aerocycle Rack
Crossbrace handlebars
Hockey stick chainguard
Delta Silveray fender light
Rare gothic Aerocycle sprocket
Prewar Schwinn drop stand
Packard head badge
Non locking fork

http://www.trfindley.com/flschwinn_1893_1940/1935_01.html

http://www.schwinncruisers.com/vintage-schwinn-bikes/1930-to-1939-schwinn-bicycles/

I visited with my dad who is 95 and he remembers buying the bicycle which was an important purchase for my mother from a bike shop in Emporia, Kansas about the time they married in 1942. He does not know what happened to the horn, and growing up I never saw it on the bike. He said the bike was painted red when they purchased it. The bike has been stored in a temperature controlled building since the early 1960s. The bike has been untouched during that time. I do not plan to clean the bike assuming the buyer can handle the restoration process better.

I am asking $1,950 for a cash sale and local pick up in Kansas City. I will also sell to buyers in the CONUS for an additional $150 to cover PayPal fees, break down and packing at a local bike shop, shipping, insurance and tracking.

If anyone has additional or notable features that can be added, please feel free to share them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet bike! By "Mark", I am quite sure you mean Mark Mann. One of the more knowledgeable collectors and helpful people in this hobby!

I decided to give eBay a try since they have a special $0.10 listing fee for auctions going on until tonight. If someone makes the minimum bid on eBay, they will have priority.

Ummm, nevermind. Just saw it on the bay. I told you people were going to try and buy it for parts, or part by part. Damn fools :(

JC,

If it does not sell on eBay, I will keep listing it here and on the Schwinn Forum. The eBay listing only cost $1.85 so I thought it would be worth a try.

David

10 day Ebay auction ran its course with lots of interest (67 watchers and 572 views) but no sale. Dropping price to $1,800 OBO. Preference will be given to local Kansas City pickup with cash.

If you are unable to pickup I can have a local bike shop break down and pack for $50. Shipping and insurance to either coast is probably $150. Paypal fees are 3% unless you make a personal payment with no fees.

JC,

I called David to make sure his offer was a one day offer. It just did not work out as his friend was driving through KC on a day that we were checking out a college for my son.

I ended up selling the bike to Scott who made the next best offer a few weeks ago. I am dropping off the bike at a local bike shop that he knows and they will handle shipping.

Thanks to everyone for your help. I think it found a good home.

Back