When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1938 Schwinn Autocycle with Double Duty Front End

-
Mike,

Most of the deluxe cantilevers were equipped with dual Delta Silver Rays. Over the years, the Seiss lights have become more popular due to their stylish profile, but the Silver Rays were actually the more costly, thus more deluxe option. So, Schwinn outfitted their newest and most deluxe bike of the time with the most deluxe lighting outfit of the day. The only reason that I mention this, is because the Silver Rays survived the times a lot better than the Seiss lights did, so the are much easier to track down, and technically more correct for that bike.

Just my two cents, and I never miss an episode of American Pickers. Say hi! to Frank and Danielle, from all of us here at The Cabe.

Call me cynical, but I dont think Michael is Michael. The same day these posts show up, PeeWee Herman was on the front page of this site. Cruel prank? Aprils fool? Prove me wrong, uh, Michael!

Back