When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help identifying Evans model

-
S

Susan18

Received this girls Evans bicycle for Christmas. (See pictures attached.) Can you help me identify the model? It seems that the chain guard has been replaced. Thanks!

Attachments

• Dec 2010 040.jpg
    Dec 2010 040.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Dec 2010 039.jpg
    Dec 2010 039.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Dec 2010 037.jpg
    Dec 2010 037.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 111
  • Dec 2010 038.jpg
    Dec 2010 038.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 65
I have a 1960 Evans catalog, and I couldn't match your bike exactly. The fact that it has painted fenders, a solid metal rear rack, and the fork mounted truss rods weren't all on the same model that year. Evans only made bikes from 1955-62, and I'd say yours is from the later end. Also, the '60 models were either a "Viscount" or "Interceptor", followed by a number from 100-800 to differentiate the various models. I have a similar bike except with a chrome rack and fenders, I believe it's a Viscount 400. There's no serial number info for these, so it's basically an educated guess.

Adamtinkerer:

Do you have any scans of the Evans catalog? My first bike was an Evans circa 1960. It was a middleweight with half tank and rack. Everything was squared off just like on the girl's bike in the pic. I'd love to see a pic of that old thing.

JWM

Adamtinkerer:

Do you have any scans of the Evans catalog? My first bike was an Evans circa 1960. It was a middleweight with half tank and rack. Everything was squared off just like on the girl's bike in the pic. I'd love to see a pic of that old thing.

JWM

My scanner is no longer working. :( The '60 line all had black & white striped seats, which I thought was interesting.

Back