When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Welcome Schwinners!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

sm2501

CABE owner
System Administrator
Interesting thing about the old bike hobby is there are collectors that are all about Schwinn and little else, and there are collectors that are interested in everything but Schwinn. Well Schwinn guys, here's a place to hang your hat and maybe let loose of some of those trade secrets!

Just wanted to say hello! I'm open to all bikes of all kinds, but somehow I became the "Schwinn Kid" within the past few months (although I'm only a kid at heart now).

IMAG0186-1.jpg

IMAG0198-1.jpg

IMAG0092-1.jpg

IMAG0082-1.jpg

IMAG0060-1.jpg

IMG_0042-1.jpg

IMGP1719-1.jpg

You're exactly right Scott, some guys are really into Schwinns and some guys avoid them and prefer anything else, probably because Schwinns are so common they're regarded as being so vanilla.
I do look forward to getting to work on a Schwinn though because I must contend that the material quality was so high that it's fairly easy to breath new life into rusty old parts, I really like that part.

(And yes, I know that black Spitfire is a Frankensteined mess, I'm actively looking for a correct chainguard and straight bar tank!!!) :)

Wow!
Thanks, Scott!

Though, I love bicycles in all forms new and old from around the World, my first love, was a Schwinn.
So, when I got into this crazy hobby, of course it had to be a Schwinn, and I never looked back.
Now I've had to rent a storage unit, which totally goes against my grain, and I live in fear that the Auction Hunters will be picking through my stuff.
I can't seem to stop. Everytime I turn on the computer, I see a bike or a part that I just can't live without.
I guess recovery starts with acceptance.
Hello, everyone.
My name is Marty, and I am a certified Schwinnaholic.

Good call, as there are a lot of Schwinn specific questions out there! And, from what I hear, the "official" Schwinn forum is fading out. I never went there due to the drama I always heard about! While I have all different brands of bikes, my first old bike is a 1956 Schwinn Corvette that I bought for $2.50 at a garage sale in 1980. I was 9 at the time, still have it, and about all the parts I need to bring it back to near factory goodness! Now all I need is the spare time....

Back