When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 Elgin tool box tank bicycle

-
Status
Please reply by conversation.

HIGGINSFOREVER

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Evolution of the bicycle volume 2 page 70 shows picture of bike.Serial number is SC-54026.Not sure about the SC the c may be a 0 .Tank in very good shape no major dents or rust.Frame has no damage,Seat,crank,handlebars and carrier all look original.No wheels,fenders or chain.Elgin book shows this 1939 model with the straight down tube.Maybe phil knows for sure.Dont want to part this out,The tank is rare and in this condition would sell quick.Forgot to say the latch is broke on tank but somebody on here was making then. $300.00 + shipping from n.j. i have more pictures.If interested p.m. me your e-mail.Also no chain guard.
000_1560.JPG
000_1556.JPG
000_1559.JPG
000_1552.JPG
000_1555.JPG

If you part it out I'd be interested in the frame, fork, seat, etc.

Last edited:
Is this bicycle still available?

Sale pending should know by this time tomorrow nite 7:45 p.m. The pictures dont show but i also have the elgin original wheels.chain and headbadge.Also a set of used balloon fenders.(NOT ORIGINAL TO BIKE)It is all boxed,Just waiting for o.k.

date code to the SC series serial number?

I just picked up a similar toolbox elgin, in great shape, other than somebody spraybombed the entire bike in black. This bike also has the SC serial nunber. the SC is centered above the serial number of 63673. Did anyone research this type of serial number to find the year or date code? Is the SC the manufacturer pre-fix S=Sears C=1939? I tried to date this thing but all i see are single letter year codes

My info is - SC 63673 - Elgin Tool Box Bicycle, with a sraight seat tube.

This S/N setup may be similar to my Colson built Firestone Supercruiser, that has a "F" prefix showing the Colson frame was branded as a Firestone.

Any help you can toss my way would be appreciated!!

Thank you, Howie.

Elgin bike

If no one else commits to your bike, I'm ready and willing as soon as you call! Thank you, Lawrence 818-726-9195

I'm down for sloppy thirds

I'm down for sloppy thirds if the first and Lray don't take it

I an only doing serial number research, my bike is not for sale, sorry. And the original thread was from about a year ago, so i would assume that deal is long gone & done. If not, good luck & happy bidding.

Thanks for looking!!
Hoiwe.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back