When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Firestone Deluxe Cruiser ladies bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

River City Speed

On Training Wheels
I just picked this bike up for my wife. I was going to just clean up the blue paint and restore all the white stuff, but my wife wants it to be green and cream, instead of blue, so it looks like it's going to undergo a full restoration, with some minor changes. Can anyone tell me who the manufacturer is and the year? Serial number is A127070

759865468_photobucket_24752_-1.jpg

759865468_photobucket_24760_-1.jpg

759865468_photobucket_24757_-1.jpg

759865468_photobucket_24758_-1.jpg

Also, can anyone tell me how to open the headlight? I messed with it for a few minutes, but I don't want to break it.

Also, I don't understand why the white parts are in such awful shape (surface rusted and little to no paint left) and the blue is in great shape. The rims are completely void of paint and don't appear to have been chrome. Solid surface rust under what appears to be a white wash or something. At any rate, all of the white parts need to be media blasted and painted with a high build primer and sanded smooth before getting painted. Lots of fine pitting.

The tires are specially cool IMO. Can I get reproduction Firestone tires? I pumped up the tires and rode it up and down the ally. Rode nice!

I love the forum BTW! I'm new to old bikes. I just rustored (not restored, but not ratty either) a late 40's CWC Western Flyer to use as my daily rider. I was riding with my kids the other day and my wife felt left out, so I picked this up for her today. She wanted to buy a new "Walmart" Schwinn, but I wouldn't allow it. She just wants something comfortable and clean. I have to treat this ol' gal right for her.

it looks to me like someone already tried to remove the white paint. maybe stripped it with chemical stripper (poorly) then decided to not go through with the repaint and sell.
usually the firestone bikes are monark, but this one looks like a columbia to me. 1955 maybe?

They dont repop the firestones and those dont look like great tires for a rider but would be great for a show bike.

That's definitely a Monark built bike as that crest badge is very similar to one I sold off a Monark a couple of weeks ago....and the fork crown is the same.
Monark made bikes for Firestone, especially in the 50's, but earlier Colson and Huffman did as well.
Go with the seafoam green!
monark badge.jpg

Last edited:
i think that bike was built by snyder co. (rollfast) If it is a monark it will have a data plate riveted to the underside of the bottom bracket.

the chain guard is a rollfast pattern, the rack is not the typical one you see on a monark as well as the sprocket is not monark.
i think Firestone used a couple of different suppliers for bikes.

Back