When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bike that looks like a motocross motorcycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
B

Brian

Can someone please help me identify a bike that came out in the 80's that looked like a motocross (dirk bike) motorcycle? This bike had red plastics all over it and looked like a honda motorcycle. I'm searching for my son. If you know a manufacture you may also know where I can find one. Thanks for your help.

there is a company called moto-bike that is currently building and selling bicycles that look like modern honda motocrossers. check with them if you can. i remember back then, those bikes were badged as yamaha, but i'm not sure if they were build by yamaha. i think there was a kawasaki version as well.

heavy

I had one when i was 14 or 15 i liked to do jumps and on that bike i went about twelve feet up in the air and then nose dived straight down too the ground landing on my head, almost broke my neck, since then i never wanted too see one of those heavy replica moto x`s ever again,my friend has one in his back yard would you like me to inquire about it for ya?

The yamaha moto-bike was indeed built by yamaha. I have one (I'm the lucky original owner!) It has front and rear shocks, a sweet banana seat, and was fun to ride, though really heavy. there are sites that are specific to this bike and restoring it. the original moto-bike was only around for about 2 years, '75, '76. you could ride huge wheelies on it because the back shock would help you stay balanced for long distance. it was yellow and I believe only came in that color.

Just about everybody made a motocross style bike.

Starting in the mid 70's, just about every bicycle company that made kids bikes made motocross styled bikes. They then evolved into BMX bikes. I just bought a NOS full suspension CCM version and have an incomplete (but minty) front suspension only verson. The Yamahas are one of the more collectable/expensive ones.

Attachments

• 120-2009_IMG.JPG
    120-2009_IMG.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 341
I was thinking about 2 bikes

The first one is a 90's Roadmaster but it definitely doesn't look like a dirt bike

BTT5CGgBWkKGrHgoOKkEEjlLmY7zeBKHuyV9qQ_3-1.jpg

The second one is a mid 70's Yamaha Moto-Bike, matches a bit more with your definition.

19c7_35JPG-1.jpg

Back