When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First post, not sure what I have

-

Barkeep

Finally riding a big boys bike
This is my first post so go easy on me if im in the wrong forum. Did some research online both in english and german and have come up with very little. The only thing I could find here is one guy looking for info but about a much newer torpedo.

So I love old stuff, especially anything with wheels. Im not knowledgeable about bikes but am getting hooked. I found this bike down the street on craigslist and sounded interesting. The mans father was stationed in germany in ww2 and around V.E. Day traded his side arm to a german soldier for his bike. He had trouble getting it shipped back so he brought it back on a war ship. The guy went back to germany in the 60s and bought some continental tires for it and never put them on.

So I bought the bike for 50 bucks and have started a mild cleanup/preservation till I can find more info..... I know it is a torpedo werke and the hub is dated 39 M, with a serial number of 674512.
It appears to have been made a truppenfahhrad (military commissioned soldiers bike) by the german soldier with many of the associated parts as per multiple german military forums.
If anyone has any info or pictures let me know, and on to some pics!!!

First time home, took a while to figure out that series of rods was a front brake

IMAG0509-1.jpg

IMAG0518-1.jpg

After a cleaning, greasing, install of nos tires, and rebuilding of bosch dynamo and headlight.

IMAG0571-1.jpg

I just really want any info I can get, year, correct parts needed, info on the accesories it has ect. I do know the seat and grips are wrong but dont know which ones would be right. I have tons of detail shots if it helps, let me know. Ill be posting them if I get any response.
Thanks and I apologize for my first ranting post!

I really have nothing of value to add except to say that the bike is amazing, and the story that goes along with it is incredible. $50 sounds like a steal. What a great bike.

More pics of the parts...
IMAG0514-1.jpg

IMAG0524-1.jpg

IMAG0549-1.jpg

Inside the bosch light were the og instructions...

IMAG0548-1.jpg

Rod brake components...

IMAG0553-1.jpg

Dated rear hub 39 M...

IMAG0559-1.jpg

And a really cool rear wheel lock with key...

IMAG0523-1.jpg

And one last "as found"

IMAG0530-1.jpg

Wow, over a hundred.views and nobody has a clue?
Am I in the right place, or should I be in general forums?

It's a cool bike that is not that desirable... You will find that not that many people collect girls bikes. It is a very cool bike for what it is.....

Also, I don't think there are many that collect foreign bicycles here in the US for the simple reason of the availability.
I like it, would like to help out, but not my collection niche.
Chris

I think its a really neat bike, I have found it helpful to google or ebay search the country this is from. usually you have a little tab that comes down and asks if you want to translate this page to english so you can at least try to search that way.

I have a German torpedo and a pair of bops and girls are in Canada.

Black bike with a British three speed Raeligh is standard

the above poster was correct not too much info on German bikes out their I have a 1928 German built Triumph motorcycle and all searches have to be in German

try the terms fahrrader, torpedo ,opel oldtimer (their term for antique) good luck

also just because it don't have a lot of value don't mean didley pre war Geman stuff is dam interesting

Back