When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Find: Corvette 5 Speed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

PCHiggin

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Just bought a black Aug. '62, I think it's o/g except the seat,brake cables and tires. I'll probably leave the seat,it's from a Heavy Duty. It needs a good cleaning but the decals are all there and strong. It has a double action front rack and a larger dia. spoke protector. I'll try to post some pics. later today.

Pat

Corvette 5 010.JPG

Corvette 5 006.JPG

Corvette 5 004.JPG

Corvette 5 002.JPG

Corvette 5 005.JPG

Last edited:
More pics.Let me know what you guys think.Thanks.

Attachments

• Corvette 5 003.JPG
    Corvette 5 003.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 155
  • Corvette 5 007.JPG
    Corvette 5 007.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 144
  • Corvette 5 008.JPG
    Corvette 5 008.JPG
    187.9 KB · Views: 144
  • Corvette 5 009.JPG
    Corvette 5 009.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 145
  • Bike shop 001.JPG
    Bike shop 001.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Neat bike, I've never seen the shifter cog welded onto the frame there on a ballooner Schwinn. Different for sure. I like it!

Neat bike, I've never seen the shifter cog welded onto the frame there on a ballooner Schwinn. Different for sure. I like it!

Thanks,The 5 speed Vette was around only 1-1/2 years '61-'62 so it's not very common. The Corvette is a Middleweight with 1-3/4" tires and of course,I recently sold two pair of nos w/w Westwinds that would look great on mine. I never thought they'd be used,LOL!

Pat

Five speed Schwinn Corvettes are not ballooner bikes. They are middleweights, which run a 26" x 1-3/4" tire. Balloon tire bikes run (in 26" wheel Dia. size) 26" x 2.125" tires. As PC Higgins says they were only produced in the model years of 1961-1962, and are indeed quite rare. As a 36 year owner of one of these bikes, they are quite fun to ride, and a real head turner, too.

This is one of my archived images of my bike from 2009.

Jim.

Attachments

• IMG_0151.JPG
    IMG_0151.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
And here is what PChiggins bike looked like done. Was a chore to find the one year (62) 2 rivet seat! Did not find one until after this pic. Did not get to talk much as I recall you were off to a baseball game.

Attachments

• Front pic (Medium).JPG
    Front pic (Medium).JPG
    230.7 KB · Views: 114
And here is what PChiggins bike looked like done. Was a chore to find the one year (62) 2 rivet seat! Did not find one until after this pic. Did not get to talk much as I recall you were off to a baseball game.

It looks great! Nice detail job. Yes,My daughter used to play softball.

Props! First thing on my list, if I ever get to end of the one way cash flow/ daughter's college tuition debacle, will be a carbon copy of that one.

Last edited:
Back