When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's a read Sky King tricycle worth?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

edelbroke

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I do road construction work and were working in front of an older gentlemans house that has a tricycle sitting in his garden. It looks just like the reproduction 36 Sky King trikes. I know this isnt a repop. How rare are the originals and what are they worth?
Thanks!

Edit> Sorry typing too fast.. A "REAL" sky king... Thank you!

Finally I have it. I paid too much because it wasnt forsale. Previous owner gave it a quick coat of paint and stuck it in the garden, I doubt that the fenders are suppose to be bent like they are, but before I bend them back i'll wait for some input. The back rims arent original, I have another larger old trike I plan to use the rims and tires and seat from on this... What is it???

Attachments

• old trike 004.jpg
    old trike 004.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 511
  • old trike 003.jpg
    old trike 003.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 561
  • old trike 002.jpg
    old trike 002.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 650
  • old trike 006.jpg
    old trike 006.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 647
Hi edelbroke,
I restored one of these five years ago. To the best of my knowledge it is a late 30's Junior skyliner. They made several versions of these. Mine had two inch diameter hubs which seem to be rarer than the smaller ones. This one has a headlight where mine didn't. I think I gave a couple hundred for it. It was in poor shape. I'm not sure of the value. Usually what someone wants to pay. I gave mine to my grand daughter on her third birthday. Hopefully when she grows up it will be worth enough for a cheeseburger.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been awhile since I've been on here. I was bored the other day and decided to finally do something with the old trike. I normally don't repaint bikes, I like them more original, but this was a pretty rough garden ornament. I'm wondering if it's suppost to have fenders on the back wheels like the reproductions do? I really like that look, but im thinking they'd be pretty hard to find...

Attachments

• Sky King Trike 003.jpg
    Sky King Trike 003.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 523
  • Sky King Trike 007.jpg
    Sky King Trike 007.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 657
It's looking pretty good from what you've done in the way of restoring it so far. Sure looks too good for a garden ornament now. From what I've seen, the Sky Line models didn't have rear wheel skirts whereas the Sky King models did. I'll take a look at some collector books tonight to try to verify that comment.

Oh, and the trike you snitched parts from appears to be a basic Garton model from around 1950 or so. The rear step plate has a Garton design to it anyway. It was a good choice because the Gartons of the time had narrower tires like Junior Toy used on their Sky series of trikes in the '30s.

Dave

Last edited:
Double checked the books this evening. From the very similar models I saw, I'm pretty sure yours didn't have rear wheel fenders as some other streamlined trikes had, so it is complete as far as the basic frame goes.

Dave

Back