When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Twin Bar restore project

-

then8j

Wore out three sets of tires already!
This thread is to share my joy. I got bit by the Elgin bug and can't get enough.
I have a load of pictures of my build but not all in the same location till now.

About a year ago I was on a auction site and came across a bike I had to have...... At the time I was up to 12 bikes. So my wonderful wife said ok no problem as long as I made room for it and sell some of the other bikes to pay for it. So now I'm down to just a few bikes, kept the x53, black phantom (disassembled in boxes) and a Electra.

Here is a picture of what I bought:
5843954599_e3a2470d0f_b-1.jpg

photo by then8j, on Flickr

5611843439_59e9b3f66e_b-1.jpg

So for the past year or so I have been collecting parts, which is a big job, but was fun at the same time.
So in my searching I even came across another project that I am going to build up! So now my one project turned into two, I'm going to have twin twins!

Here is a picture of it:
5843928661_bd938af993_b-1.jpg

Elgin twinbar by then8j, on Flickr

I have collected all the major parts that I need for now, sand blasted them, primed them once and sent of parts to be rechromed

Last edited:
Thank you. Painting it all the week after July 4. Maroon and cream. .........with pin striping on every single possible place that I can!!!!!! Just kidding!!!lol
I am still so confused what is factory stripping..... Wheels and fenders is tasteful for me.......we will see. That I am going to leave for an expert to do for me.

Wow! What a great start, twin-bars are super cool. I'm sure it's going to turn out great. Your Golden Retriever seems some what less impressed however. Good luck with your project. Be sure to post some pics when it's done.

Back