When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original owner 1954 Schwinn Wasp 24"

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Wayne Adam

I live for the CABE
I recently picked up this original owner 1954 Schwinn Wasp 24". The lady is now in her mid 60's. She told me the story of how excited she was
when her dad bought this for her at a bike shop in Clifton, NJ, her first two wheeler. I know it is just another common bike, but I couldn't pass up such a
clean, unrestored original. Nothing has been changed, even the original tires are excellent.
IMG_9633.JPG
IMG_9634.JPG
IMG_9635.JPG
IMG_9636.JPG
This lady took very good care of her bike, even the chrome is like new. I got it for $75.00..........Wayne

Even though it's a 24" model, she gave you a really good deal on an original condition Schwinn. I wouldn't have hesitated buying it at that price either! I'm sure she probably hated to part with her childhood bicycle, but was happy to know it went to someone who would appreciate and take care of it as she always did.

I have a couple 24" Shelby Flying Clouds, and with me being only 5'-8", I can comfortably ride them without having to raise the seat post to the max length.

Dave

Last edited:
Love that bike! I have the 26" version and am currently looking for a black version of that style bike, so if anybody has one to sell, please let me know! :D
Not sure if they made black Wasps, just looking for a women's black, fat tire, with that style chain guard (will consider others). Thanks.

wayne, that is a true time capsule and a fantastic buy! been looking for a 24'' ballooner for my wife for a while now. im going to look at a 24'' schwinn boys later, but im sure it wont be this nice.

24 Columbia ladies 004.jpg
wayne, that is a true time capsule and a fantastic buy! been looking for a 24'' ballooner for my wife for a while now. im going to look at a 24'' schwinn boys later, but im sure it wont be this nice.

I have a 24" Columbia ladies (1954) I'd let go as I just recently got a 24" Road Master ladies. My wife is a shorty too, doesn't need 2 bikes.

Mike

I had a 54 just like this that I regreased a little over 15 years ago. The girl I sold it to is still riding it. Wasn't quite as clean but was complete. This one looks super clean.

Back