When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Greyhound Wagon

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Sulley

Finally riding a big boys bike
I just picked up this GreyHound Ballbearing wagon, all the ones i see like it have Hamilton some where on it, the wheels say Hamilton Steel on them but no where on the wagon, looking for a year maybe. Thanks for any help. Sulley

010-1.jpg

It's a genuine Hamilton wagon. The name usually only appeared on the tires and you should see an "H" stamped into the metal hubcap center. Some of the older Hamiltons had the full name in cursive spelled out on the hubcaps. A couple years ago I re-purchased a Hamilton Greyhound wagon on ebay identical to the one I lost as a child due to an apt bldg storage area arson fire. I'll have to take a pic of it.

Dave

Yes it has the H on the caps, i am missing two caps but i found four of them on ebay i am bidding on, any ider of a year on this one. Thanks Sulley

My best guess is early 1950s. Hamilton made similar wagons for several years around the 1950 period. Mine was given to me as a present in 1954 when I was four years old. Here's the identical one to it I bought on ebay:

Greyhound-1.jpg

This is the worse side for surface rust. Graphics for most Hamilton wagons are available from at least one pedal car parts supplier. The sad part about mine being burnt up was that I always took care of my outdoor toys and always kept them inside when not in use. I hope to restore this one back to the nice appearance mine would have still been in if I hadn't lost it.

Dave

Last edited:
Very cool storey hope you can bring it back to life as your old one, im having graphics made for mine now, it will be a cool ride for my grandsons. Thanks for the info. Sulley

Got the caps and the new decals and its all done, my grandsons love it, thats all that matters. Sulley

010-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

Sulley, that can't be the same wagon. You must have had an identical new one stashed away and pulled it out of the box. ;) What a transformation! That hub cap set really cleaned up nice.

Here's one similar to mine, but does have the Hamilton name on the side: http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-HAM...484?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c7f48224

The prices sellers are asking for some of these wagons is getting ridiculous. I paid about $40 all together for mine. Good thing I got it when I did!

Dave

Thanks Dave, it was in good shape to start with, the ball bearings in the wheel were shoot so i put bushings in, it rolls great and not a lot of play in the wheels. My decal guy came though again, almost anything i show him he can do. I saw that one like yours on ebay, wow your wright the asking prices are nuts. Sulley

You're absolutely right! :) Nice that you happened across the wagon and gave it a new lease on life...to be enjoyed by another generation of children. When toys are well made to begin with you have something worthwhile to restore. That's something you can't do very well with present day plastic ride on toys. I really enjoy seeing your before and after shots of children's vehicles...gives me the motivation needed to work on mine.

Dave

Back