When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'59 White Corvette

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
I've had this one a while but it looked so bad I was embarrassed to show it. The frame was highly oxidized so I tore it apart today and tried my best to save the original paint. Had it been any other color I would have repainted this bike before selling it but as many of you know '59 was the only year for the white Corvette. This one is a three speed and except for the seat, grips, and pedals I believe everything is original. The front fork as well as the original chainguard were repainted by the previous owner and black darts were added to the fork instead of the correct red ones. The light in the pics is the wrong one--I found the corrrect Hi/Lo after I took the pics. The other Vette in the pics is pretty rare too--1 of 92 copper '94 Vette coupes. v/r Shawn

Attachments

• vette1.JPG
    vette1.JPG
    222.4 KB · Views: 542
  • vette5.jpg
    vette5.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 482
  • vette9.jpg
    vette9.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 480
  • vette10.JPG
    vette10.JPG
    263.5 KB · Views: 516
  • vettes1.JPG
    vettes1.JPG
    206.1 KB · Views: 507
sweet vette,and the car is nice too.i have your bikes girlfriend.a 60 white fairlady in white.pretty rare also.i'm currently working on getting a white vette.yours makes 5 or 6 known to exist.

white lady.jpg

whitey.jpg

whitey 2.jpg

Thanks for the info. I knew there weren't too many and the only one I ever saw on Ebay I, believe, went for close to 2grand! I notice the pics of the boys bike you sent has a front hand brake but no rear? Is this a single or multi speed bike? Also I see a lot of Corvettes without the headlights. The literature I saw for '59 says they were equipped with the hi/lo? v/r Shawn

the vette is a manual 2 speed.pretty sure you're right on the headlight.as far as getting 2 grand,it's not the right time.i had my white fairlady and the white vette listed about a week ago and bidding was real slow.i think spring would be a better selling environment.at least around here.

Even if the time was right I don't think my bike would bring that money due to condition. I'm thinking about throwing it on Ebay with a 500 start and see what happens. v/r Shawn

condition is always an issue on bikes,but i think sometimes rarity can diminish that issue.i sold a pretty rough,all original 63 stingray for top dollar just because it was rare.i also paid good money for a phantom in rough shape,but all there and totally restorable.

I agree. When there are only a handful known you can't be real picky if thats what you really want. Luckily I have a pantry full of ramien so I don't have to sell and can wait for the right opportunity! v/r Shawn

i'm paying good money for mine,but condition is a solid 8 or better.the rear wheel has some issues,but overall a real nice bike.it's amazing how good the white paint can clean up.i think the decals are the most important thing to have in good shape.good luck in the future if you decide to sell it,brian.

Back