When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My "New" Tricycle 1932 Streamline

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

irene_crystal

Finally riding a big boys bike
So here are a few quick pics of what the guy described as a 1932 Streamline Airflow Tricycle I just bought to restore for my coming child.... These pics are from the seller, I will post new ones when I get it in my hands.

It will need pedals, and new tires at a minimum.... Starting the hunt for them now.....

Attachments

• tricycle.jpg
    tricycle.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 464
  • tricycle1.jpg
    tricycle1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 391
That's going to be a nice addition to your collection. :) It appears to take threaded pedals on those cranks which shouldn't be too difficult to find. The seat top is in very nice shape for it's age and even the tires don't look bad from a distance. The main frame looks a little like an Elgin and the handlebar stem a little like a Siebert. Though it could very well be a Junior Toy Co. model. From what I could find, this trike had a similar design at least until 1937. Just the seat became more streamlined in the later '30s models. Have to see if I can find the make/model name.

Dave

Last edited:
That's gonna be sweet when done! Looks complete! That's a blank canvas, what color you thinking?

That's gonna be sweet when done! Looks complete! That's a blank canvas, what color you thinking?

The guy said it looks like original paint was maroon with cream wheels and accents.. I plan to keep it that way unless something else really changes my mind when I see it.

That's going to be a nice addition to your collection. :) It appears to take threaded pedals on those cranks which shouldn't be too difficult to find. The seat top is in very nice shape for it's age and even the tires don't look bad from a distance. The main frame looks a little like an Elgin and the handlebar stem a little like a Siebert. Though it could very well be a Junior Toy Co. model. From what I could find, this trike had a similar design at least until 1937. Just the seat became more streamlined in the later '30s models. Have to see if I can find the make/model name.

Dave

I would LOVE to know who actually made this and get details and pics of any original or restored ones to use as I restore it. If you know of any pics PLEASE send them my way or post them here.

You might

be able to scrub it lightly wit 0000 steel or a fine brass wool with wax or polishing compound. Rub lightly if you try it. . I have seen a lot of original paint come back to decent survivor on some horribly rusty bikes.

be able to scrub it lightly wit 0000 steel or a fine brass wool with wax or polishing compound. Rub lightly if you try it. . I have seen a lot of original paint come back to decent survivor on some horribly rusty bikes.

I might try that when I get it in hand and see the condition of the paint in person, I've never tried to bring paint back to life before. I do plan to paint the wheels though and might have to re-paint the whole thing just because of that to make it match condition wise...

real nice my grandsons ride my old tricycles to i want them to be enjoyed they want to be ridden

trike

I have the same trike buried in my garage, but the "tank" on mine is rusted through.

I'd be a little leery of keeping the original paint on this when it comes to a very young child. A lot of paints used back then contained lead and you might might want to consider that. Also a thorough sanding to remove any rust is probably a good idea as well.
I love the idea that your baby is getting something so lovely from the past!

Last edited:
Back