When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whizzer question

-

JOEL

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Do the "New Model" Whizzers produced during WWII have a serial number? If so would it be an 'F' serial number?

I've look for #'s but haven't had any luck, by Bob Baker figures there where at least 4322 model F sold. he passed on in the mid 90's. most of his paper work of whizzer went to Leon Dixon, were waiting for a whizzer book.

Last edited:
I think F were the first issue, then they changed to H, and ended on J. But don't hold me to that. Paul G would know.

The "E" series was the first, and came out in 1939. It had a below BB belt drive and rollers to rear tire, and side to side head fins. The "F" came next and is the more conventional style. F had forward to aft cooling fins, but fins were shorter than the stock H fins. Hope this helps.

The "E" series was the first, and came out in 1939. It had a below BB belt drive and rollers to rear tire, and side to side head fins. The "F" came next and is the more conventional style. F had forward to aft cooling fins, but fins were shorter than the stock H fins. Hope this helps.

I was close....

Actually there is one more letter model. The First Generation, The Model "D". "New and Improved" The Model "E". The"New Model" Model "F".
The Second Generation, "L" Luxembourg, "H", "J", "300"-"300S", "500", "600", "700".

Actually there is one more letter model. The First Generation, The Model "D". "New and Improved" The Model "E". The"New Model" Model "F".
The Second Generation, "L" Luxembourg, "H", "J", "300"-"300S", "500", "600", "700".

...well there goes everything I've thought-out the window, now I'll have to see my shrink.....:(

Hi, I'm new here and have recently acquired an old bike with a whizzer engine torn down and in a box. I have owned an early model H whizzer for about forty years but this new one is very early. Head cooling fins run front to back and there is no oil dipstick. The problem is I cannot locate a serial number. The only thing cast into the crankcase is "oil level" with an arrow pointing to a plug. Another plug that appears to be for draining is located at the beginning of the "oil level" writing. Does anyone know if this is a model D? I was told it is a 1939.

I know the really early ones had a "sight window" to check oil on the left side I believe. Don't try to run it till someone has checked it out, as these used inferior alloys and may desintigrate or worse blow and hurt you. Flywheels can turn into schrappnel.
Besides these are rare, and cant be repaired if they decide to crack.

Back