When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bicycle JUNKYARD going to the crusher

-

partsguy

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I got a lead from a guy who has a small junkyard of bicycles. He scraps and his moving soon, so I have first dibs before it all gets crushed. I'll be out bright and early tomorrow morning. He sent me a few pics and it is qutie the mix, with tons more under tarps, he says.

I hope theres a nice middleweight or balloon tire in there, but I'm still excited! I've had a dry spell for a few months. Wish me luck!

Bicycle Junkyard

Do me a favor and keep your eyes open for any Silver King parts. I'm looking for fenders, rims, and the usual hard to find items. It sure would set my new year off on a positive note. THX!

Pics!!!!!!!! Gotta see this and good luck. If the guy is in ohio and is letting stuff go cheap I may be interested in what you don't want if its anything old!

The pancakes are cooking, we are about to leave! This is also a good chance to test out my new GPS I got for Christmas. ;) Can't wait!

Sounds like you may have found a honey hole. I would be excited too! You never know what may be in the piles!

Good luck, and have fun saving some of the good ones from scrap metal heaven.

Well, I'm back. I picked up a few things. He had some nice stuff in the garage and under tarps, but he didn't want to get into them until the other junk was gone..darnnit! I tried and he budged to finally let me look...oh, I'm ITCHY! He said he has even more I have not yet seen. He had an odd set of wheels though. They looked like discs, strange aluminum discs. He was asking $35 a piece, but they just weren't my cup of tea. I'm staying in touch with him and will make multiple trips as stuff is sold and uncovered. I've already laid my claim to stuff, so I'm safe. He doesn't have anything older than 1965 or so I'd say...so far.

From the first trip (nothing too rare, but I can use this stuff)

1976 Huffy parts bike. I plan to salvage the sissy bar and wheels, the rest will be parted out. I am really bummed out about the fenders, though.
2216-1.jpg

2217-1.jpg

2218-1.jpg

WALD Mountain bike wheels circa mid 80s. Not worth much, but they are very clean and very straight which seem to be difficult to find. I need these for a project anyway.
2219-1.jpg

1980s? BMX wheels. Sure are odd balls. Never hard of the brand, but i couldn't beat the price.
2220-1.jpg

2221-1.jpg

Last edited:
I got a lead from a guy who has a small junkyard of bicycles. He scraps and his moving soon, so I have first dibs before it all gets crushed. I'll be out bright and early tomorrow morning. He sent me a few pics and it is qutie the mix, with tons more under tarps, he says.

I hope theres a nice middleweight or balloon tire in there, but I'm still excited! I've had a dry spell for a few months. Wish me luck!

Take some photos and post'm here. Good luck. Do'h.... Just relized you did post some.....

Last edited:
Cool, I wished I knew a place around here getting rid of some nice old bikes and if I had the opportunity I would be looking for a Spaceliner tank, rat trap fork, white seat & grips, Murray muscle bike and parts, two 2 speed kickback, two Schwinn 5 speed wheels, Murray BMX and many more cool things like that if I had the money anyways.

Those look good, Good Luck finding even more cool stuff.

Back