When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New finds...need help!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Antney

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I just recently started collecting tricycles, I've acquired the 3 of these over the past 2 weeks, The first one is a is a Mercury, I'm guessing a 39 model based on the World's Fair Bicycles, I've never seen a tricycle like this? The second is a Velo King, not sure what year, The 3rd I got today, it's a 20" like nothing I've seen before, can anyone help me with this or provide any pics of what this should look like restored? I think it's got great lines! Any ideas on rarity of these or any values? Thanks for any help....

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 49
I'll second the Tricyclefetish site for a positive ID on it. Could be a Junior Toy or Murray Steelcraft, but that's just guessing.

Dave

Contacted tricyclefetish, lets see what they say, I'll post the reply here....

Last edited:
reply from tricyclefetish:

Looks like a late 1930's Junior Toy Co. Sky Line. Most of them just had model numbers within that line, so they are just called Sky Lines. It's hard to tell the condition from the photos - it's obviously rusty, but how bad isn't clear. $125 doesn't sound like too bad of a price if you can still use all of the parts and it isn't all rusted out. Heck, even if it is really rough, it's still a scarce tricycle with a form that collectors like....:D

Lots of times I see only partial streamlined trikes of the '30s era on ebay, and even though incomplete they still fetch a good price. The streamlined models seem to be most sought after by collectors and, as a result, command the highest sale prices in general of older trikes, with perhaps the exception of a 1934 Colson Mickey.

Dave

Back