When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Cycle Truck Guru's!!!!

-
F

fatoldschooler

I recently found a cycke truck in an Antique Store. It it appears to be all original with the front basket. It is missing the chain guard. Its yellow with red pin striping. Overall I would say this bike is about an 7-8 on a scale from 1-10.

How collectable are these? I'm not gonna say what I can buy it for but it isnt a steal but I dont think Im getting hurt. I was wondering if they make good trading material. Just not familar with these.

I will try to post pics tonight.

Go For It!!

I would say they are in fact sought after. They're not my cup of tea, but some people love them. They seem to be

worth a ton in parts too and they are unusual. The Newport Beach Post office years ago, threw out 50-60 of them

into a big dumpster and we dug some out. Wow, these would be worth a fortune today, old mail bikes.

Pic of the bike....

Can someone look at it and tell me how original it is. I was told thats not the original basket....??? Head badge? Original?
Cycle Truck.jpg

Can someone look at it and tell me how original it is. I was told thats not the original basket....??? Head badge? Original? View attachment 41229

Basket is original, crank is not correct for year it has to be a skip tooth setup. Gooseneck is probably a wald aftermarket so as tires, seat is from a later model. Paint looks nice probably a resto, pedals are incorrect and missing prewar schwinn feather chainguard. If wheels are schwinn s2 are incorrect, prewar CT came with either drop centers or lobdell.

Nice Prewar cycle truck.

Last edited:
Any thoughts of a price

Is 500.00 to much???????

It's pre-war too, that's neat. I'm not nearly as familar with the pre-war stuff, so don't have too much to offer here. Should have a shield shaped badge that says Cycle Truck on it. I'm guessing the wheels have been replaced. Front hub on these is special, very thick hub with axle that slides out. Spokes should be heavy duty front and rear. Stem looks like it might be a newer unit, is it smooth all the way up or does the top bulge out about an inch below the top? Bulge near top is newer incorrect stem. Pretty sure you can use any pre-war Schwinn guard on these, believe they used the feather style on the CycleTruck for this era.

How much are they asking?

Cheers, Geoff

Asking 595.00....................I offered 500.00 and really was planning on using it for a trader.

I'd say that's a really fair price, especially considering it's an early one. Schwinn started them in '39 I believe. Even if it has some incorrect parts, that's a good find with lots of potential for someone.

Asking 595.00....................I offered 500.00 and really was planning on using it for a trader.

You offered..... They did what?

Yeah, it has some wrong parts, but the frame, plate and fork are there. The basket is right as well. All in all, it doesn't look bad. The stems can get pricey, as can some of the other stuff. I'd take it. Did you get the serial number by chance?

REC

Back