When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rutledge cycle corp

-
R

RedRider

Hey all, looking for someone who knows!
I found a bike that says Rutledge Cycle Corp of New York, it has an old Bike license sticker that says 1966-67 but i can't find this company anywhere. no bikes on ebay, nothing from a Google or other searches either. Anyone who may have some info on this elusive corp i sure would appreciate it of course.

Thanks
T.
(wishing i was at Copake this weekend)

Pics of Rutledge

Here are two pics of the rutledge it's in fair shape quite a bit of rust but it has a good look to it i think.

Attachments

• DSC_6406 (Small).JPG
    DSC_6406 (Small).JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 135
  • DSC_6407 (Small).JPG
    DSC_6407 (Small).JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 196
Hey all, looking for someone who knows!
I found a bike that says Rutledge Cycle Corp of New York, it has an old Bike license sticker that says 1966-67 but i can't find this company anywhere. no bikes on ebay, nothing from a Google or other searches either. Anyone who may have some info on this elusive corp i sure would appreciate it of course.

Thanks
T.
(wishing i was at Copake this weekend)

I don't have a recoglection of the Rutledge Brand but from the photo it appears to be an American produced 26 x 1 3/8 LtWt bike produced by one of the following factories: Chain Bike Corp, Stelber, or Huffy. Freddy Wilkins in NY might be able to hit it on the head.
Howie

Thanks Howie it's a start, i like to know what i'm working with and have only heard of Huffy out of that list. i'll see what i can find.

Cheers
Todd

I know this is an old thread but I figured since I just found 2 of these bikes, I would ad to it.

IMG_6578_zps28a26c58-1.jpg

IMG_6579_zps9e7c8daf-1.jpg

IMG_6580_zps4324b29e-1.jpg

IMG_6581_zpsd5f5a969-1.jpg

IMG_6583_zps26628f97-1.jpg

As you can see they have seen their better days. They are basically just yard art now. I still think they are cool looking. :D

Anyone ever figure out more info on this brand of bike? I didn't see much on the web.

Justcruzin
Those are English built. The one has a Hercules (if I remember right) sprocket and the other looks like Raleigh built for another name sprocket. Forks on both look Raleigh built also.

Back