When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1954 Schwinn Jaguar

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

hzqw2l

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Got this today.
Original 1954 Schwinn 3-Speed Jaguar.
Sports the correct Schwinn crash rail seat, weinmann heavyweight brakes, S-2 rims with an Alloy Sturmey Archer 3-speed hub and shifter. Need to find a decent Delta Rocket Ray headlight to make it complete.

Original Red Paint has sun faded to a green/gold hue and the decals can still be recognized so I think I'll just let it be.

100_5280Copy-1.jpg

100_5281Copy-1.jpg

100_5282Copy-1.jpg

100_5283Copy-1.jpg

100_5284Copy-1.jpg

100_5285Copy-1.jpg

Wow! Super nice original bike. I agree, just detail it and ride. Too nice to mess with.

Great score. I think the seat is an upgrade unit, even nicer than the original seat. Pretty sure the original seat had a crash rail that went all the way around, but I've seen more than a few of the original style seats fail where the seat rails collapse in the rear. These heavyweight Jaguars are neat riding bikes, I have a very ratty one that's in line for a heavy refurbishment one of these days. Dropped a 22 tooth sprocket on the back and it rides nice and easy.

Cheers, Geoff

Pretty sure the original seat had a crash rail that went all the way around, but I've seen more than a few of the original style seats fail where the seat rails collapse in the rear.
Cheers, Geoff

Check your 1953 parts catalog for the Air-flow seat (7001).

That's the one listed in the equipment list on the Jaguar advance ad that I posted. It's the double side rail seat.

Sure enough, I stand corrected. Dang, now I've got to track down another part for my Jaguar project. Shows up with that same seat in the 1955 catalog as well, not sure why I thought it came with the full crash bar seat. Oh, well.

Cheers, Geoff

Back