When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbia Kickstand Removal????

-
K

Kustom Kreator

Hey guys, Cool site! This is my first post and I'm looking for help removing the kickstand on my Columbia. I don't see any pins that I could remove. There are 4 "tabs" just beneath the cover on the left side of the bike but they don't seem to push in when I try. Does anyone know how to do it? Also how can I date this bike? I tried before and the site I went to said it was a 1971 but it looks older to me. The serial # on the dropout is W296738. Here's a picture of the bike as I got it and a closeup of the kickstand. I appreciate it!
P9240030-1.jpg

IMG_0661-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Taking them apart isn't that hard. Putting them back together is a bitch. I sugest you just leave it in place, and sve yourself the headache.

If it isn't that hard to take apart, would you mind explaining to me how to do it? Leaving it together isn't an option as I'm powder coating the frame. Thanks!

Catfish? anybody else? Does anyone know where else I could ask this question?

Dude, if I were you, I would email catfish via here as he may not be checking this forum as often as you need. He is probably one of the most knowledgeable people concerning Columbias-and many others.

Catfish? anybody else? Does anyone know where else I could ask this question?

With the one you've got, you need to pop the cap off that goes around the stand. Inside you should fine a thin snap ring. If you pop that out, the whole thing should slide right out. If your lucky. It looks like that's the style you have. If you don't have that style, you need to look for the holes on the other end. And try to line them ou so you can see the pin iside, and punch it threw. Getting this style back together is a pain. Good luck.

I actually got it all apart today after work. Then I came inside and read this! It came apart just like you said. Thanks though Catfish!

stand

BMX-dad. I have the stand with spring assembly but do not have the cap/cover.

How about explaining to us how to do it. I just picked up a Columbia twosome with the same kick stand, I may need to take it apart
Thanks

Back