When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

F/S 1957 Schwinn Jaguar Mk II Men's 3-speed horn tank cruiser

-
Status
Please reply by conversation.

milosmith

On Training Wheels
I'm selling my Schwinn Jaguar Mk II bike with the 3 speed Sturmey Archer rear hub. With an C595XX serial number, it was manufactured by Schwinn in Chicago in May of 1957. This bike is in all original condition and is unrestored. It is a true classic adult sized cruiser and looks very stylish. I've been riding it all over town and everyone that sees it stops, stares, and comments how nice it is. This is a very hard to find bike because of the combination of the color, the horn tank, and the 3 speed internal gear hub.

The metallic red paint is factory original and in very good shape. The paint does have some minor scratches and road rash, but it is very nice for being 55 years old. The chrome on the tank unit is in great shape. Even the original Delta battery powered horn in the tank works great. I just added new "D" cell batteries. The grips are the correct white Schwinn chubby grips.

I replaced the front and rear brake pads (I kept the old Weinmann pads if you want them) and adjusted the brakes. I had the front rim trued by my local bike shop. The chrome is in very good shape, and both rims are very straight, free of rust or damage, and roll very smoothly. The front and rear rims are the correct factory rims. Both are stamped "SCHWINN TUBULAR S-7" and have the correct single knurling.

Mechanically, the bike is in great shape. The shifting is crisp, and the brakes stop well. The front and rear tires are very nice original Schwinn Westwind whitewalls with no cracking and excellent tread. This bike is in very nice shape overall and perfect for a collector or someone who appreciates the older Schwinn middleweight cruiser bikes. These bikes are very collectible and will always hold their value. These were some of the highest quality bikes ever made in large production quantities, and they last forever.

I'm asking $525 for the bike. Yes, I can ship this bike - my preferred shipping method is FedEx Home Delivery. I accept PayPal for payment. Check out my feeBay alias milosmith with 796 100% positive feedback transactions. I'm new to this forum, but am on the other Schwinn forum.

See pictures below for details.

Thanks - Bob

Jaguar1-1.jpg

Jaguar2-1.jpg

Jaguar3-1.jpg

Jaguar4-1.jpg

Jaguar5-1.jpg

Jaguar6-1.jpg

Jaguar7-1.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back