When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bike Swap & Art Fest - JUNE 9th, 2012 Mark your calendar!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

sleeper sedan

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Greetings Men & Women, Boys & Girls, and Children of All ages!

I am proud to announce… “We will be hosting our very first Little Blue River Bike Swap Meet.” WOOT! The swap will be held in conjunction with the Blue Springs Arts Council and their 3rd Annual, Little Blue River Art Fest!

When: June 9th, 2012
Where: White Oak Plaza, Blue Springs, MO at the intersection of 7 Hwy & 40 Hwy (1 block South)
Time: 6:30 AM

We don’t have a website or Facebook page currently for the swap meet, you’ll have to wait for the 2nd Annual… we’re working on it. However, you can check out the Blue Springs Arts Council at http://www.bluespringsartscouncil.com & White Oak Plaza at http://www.whiteoakplaza.com both for links and info.

Send Clark (aka sleeper sedan) and John (aka jjmunster) an e-mail at [email protected] or a PM, we are happy to answer any [and all] questions regarding the event, logistics, directions, lodging, restaurants, etc. Pre-register today for free! We have plenty of activities planned for BOTH old and young at heart. See the attached flyer for additional details!

Please come out and support the bicycle and art community, even if it’s just to say, “Hello”.

Clark

Attachments

• Final-Flyer.jpg
    Final-Flyer.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 64
  • LBRAF2012.jpg
    LBRAF2012.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 95
Here is a schedule for the music lover, list is both Friday and Saturday. Friday's line-up may be of particular interest for those coming from out of town - IT'S FREE!!! It's not a super loud music fest sort of thing, just local bands playing in the back ground providing some good tunes to those who would like to relax and listen.

More announcements to follow...

Clark

Friday, June 8th

1:00 pm - 3:00 pm Little Blue River Band (tentative)

3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Patrick Burton (acoustic)

4:00 pm - 6:00 pm Gypsy Bone

6:00 pm – 7:00 pm Rockin' Walkers

7:00 pm – 8:00 pm - The Clementine's (acoustic pop-folk and blues)

Saturday, June 9th

10:00 am – 11:00 am Rockin' Rob (Interactive Educational Musical Kids Show) tentative

11:00 am to 12:00 pm Kamera (Musician/Band)

12:00 pm – 2:00 pm Blue Baby Band

2:00 pm -4:00 pm Ryan Hanlin and Shannon Lillie (Country)

4:00 pm - 4:30 pm Matika Daniels (Hula Hoop art performer)

4:30 pm - 6:00 pm Don't know JAC (Blues and Rock)

Here's a BIG ANOUNCEMENT... The waitresses from a national restaurant chain, that happen to wear little orange shorts, will be stopping by the swap meet! The young ladies will be there for a very short period of time to dole out chicken wing/drum samples along with coupons for dining in. In addition, the restaurant was very gracious and donated a couple of really nice door prizes to give away too. We will welcome them to our tent next to "check-in". If you blink, you'll miss them.

Clark

Here's something important to mentally note, the artists have had hired security (off-duty police officers) to keep watch during the overnight hours in the past and again this year. While the security isn't obligated to watch "our stuff", there will be a presence... it's not a crime area part of town either. For those coming from out of town and staying overnight please feel free to contact me at your convenience and we'll get you taken care of the best we can.

John and I will set-up a few bicycles over at the artist check-in tent for display on Friday along with some information about our activities for Saturday - don't be confused, look for our check-in tent. I'll post a map soon.

Clark

Teaser Alert! Teaser Alert! Teaser Alert! Teaser Alert! Teaser Alert! Teaser Alert! Teaser Alert!

Good evening folks!

John and I found a little honey hole a couple weeks ago and made the pick-up this past Saturday. A majority of what we bought will show up at the swap meet, all profits going to the Blue Springs Arts Council, a not for profit organization! In addition, John is thinning his bicycle hoard bringing 20+ and I have 2-3 that will be sacrificed.

There are some goodies in them there boxes...
Patee053-1.jpg

Old trike, circa 1920±. Still researching this one...
Patee052-1.jpg

Here's a twin steer Patee tandem, circa 1896-1898. I think John has claimed this one as a keeper... You can still ask. ;)
Patee039-1.jpg

The ultimate tease, only a partial pic! It is all original with the springer front end. Only non-original piece is the seat.
Patee035-1.jpg

A very unusual frame... Excellent rider.
Patee017-1.jpg

One of several 24" frames...
Patee016-1.jpg

Middle weight fenders, NOS in the box... Cheap $$$.
Patee031-1.jpg

"The Party Bus". It'll be a the swap if anyone would like an opportunity to ride, kind of a community bike. I think this will be a keeper too... although stranger things have happened! It'll probably be regulated to pub crawls, parades, and such.
Patee013-1.jpg

In the barn they go, part of our haul, only temporary of course...
Patee051-1.jpg

Just a heads up to eveyone... We need more sellers!!! I have been deluged with people inquiring, wanting, and searching for specific bit-n-pieces. Unfortunately I can't help everybody. In CABE years I'm still new to the hobby compared to most and just don't have "inventory" nor the people connections. I only own two dozen [or less] bikes and don't have the time/space for more, quite frankly that keeps my wife sane and out of my business. So, what I've been telling people is to show up to the treasure hunt and find their own treasure!

Clark

LETS MAKE A DEAL!!!........Brought to you by the kind folks at the Little Blue River Bike Swap Meet

And here are your host, Clark and John!<applause, whoops-n-hollers, the band playing, confetti falling, women fainting, etc. You know, normal everyday kind of stuff.> We have a raffle bike that will go home with one lucky person by buying the winning ticket! Can you guess which door it's behind?

Is it door #1?
7227779468_ab0785a746_c-1.jpg

door 1 by sleepersedan, on Flickr

Is it door #2??
7227779486_71d8406f0d_c-1.jpg

door 2 by sleepersedan, on Flickr

Or is it door #3???
7227779568_57ce3bc43b_c-1.jpg

door 3 by sleepersedan, on Flickr

Stay tuned, we'll be right back after this commercial break (tomorrow) from our sponser!

Clark

Welcome back to LETS MAKE A DEAL!!!

Apparently you folks had all guessed the correct door! Now, presenting our raffle bike... Taa Daa!

Meet Panama Jack
7245735804_e160a1f087_c-1.jpg

PJ by sleepersedan, on Flickr

Nice Rack
7245735894_c4c345f06c_c-1.jpg

PJ Rack by sleepersedan, on Flickr

Even Nicer Rack - Extended!
7245735902_f32e7bc95d_c-1.jpg

PJ Rack Ext by sleepersedan, on Flickr

Bottler Opener On Fork and Personalized Script On Tire
7245736008_161872b2b5_c-1.jpg

PJ Opener and Script by sleepersedan, on Flickr

Beverage Holder and Cuban Cigar/Baseball Cars Carrier (depending on your age...)
7245736010_af5df9e1da_c-1.jpg

PJ Holders by sleepersedan, on Flickr

The plan at the moment is that the swap will start at 6:30 A.M. First door prize [or prizes] will be given away at 7:30 and door prizes thereafter every 1/2 hr. These are freebies, no money required, register only once please. We'll probably have you register [at your leisure] at the "Check-In" tent and announce winners via chalk board, you can check the chalk board whenever it is convenient for you and your party. Just present you I.D.

The bike show is a $1 dollar entry fee and the winner garnering the most popular vote and a $25 dollar gift certificate to the Bike Stop across the street. We welcome ANY bike. This is very informal. Enter as many as you like.

The 50/50 pot and the raffle bike (Panama Jack) giveaway will be 11:30 and noon respectively. The 50/50 pot will be a dollar per ticket, buy as many tickets as you like... the more you buy the better your odds of winning. The raffle bike is much the same, a dollar per ticket to enter the pot with the special incentive of $5 will get you six tickets into the drawing. Again, the more you buy, the better your odds are of winning. Winner must be present, we don't want to ship as a FYI. All profits are going to a good cause, the Blue Springs Arts Council to pay for children’s art supplies, utility bills for the gallery to remain open, general upkeep, and such.

Please feel free to comment. If you would like to offer up any kind of door prize to be given away please feel free to contact myself & John at [email protected]

Clark

Hey! Good afternoon everyone!

We're in the process of getting some of our loose strings tied up and making a push to the swap meet day.

Today's topic is "You, swap meet survival, and food!" <a booming voice from the sky>

So, as a FYI, you coffee drinkers will have a coffee vendor there bright and early to serve up a hot cup of java. It's a good kick start to the day. Also, we will have a food vendor on-site, "Poppy's Road Side Dinner". Poppy's will be serving things of the hearty variety, such as steak sandwiches, chicken nuggets, meat ball sandwiches, hot dogs, french fries, onion rings, etc. There will also be soda pop, water, Gatoraid to quench your thirst.

Later in the morning, probably closer to noon there will be a concessionaire serving shaved ice as a nice cool down for the day and there will also be cupcake baker somewhere in the mix too for those with a sweet tooth pallet.

Lastly, I would be remiss if I didn't offer a reminder regarding our 5 o'clock bike crawl, an opportunity to regain our physical stature after a day of fine dining. Did I mention we would be riding to a ice cream parlor...? The ride back will take care of the ice cream treat. ;)

We're looking forward to all of you sellers-n-buyers.

Clark

So, here's a little teaser. Who can shed some information, albeit crude pictures, on the two handle bars shown...

Lower bar pictured, all Mother Nature - woody. The bar on top is metal but, has a very similar/vintage grip.
7155013057_84006ca663_c-1.jpg

Handle bar 1 by sleepersedan, on Flickr

(flipped the bars over)
7155013121_32ae06f27f_c-1.jpg

Handle bar 2 by sleepersedan, on Flickr

These were in the stash that John and I bought out a few weeks back while preparing for the swap meet this coming Saturday. We did find some other treasures too, just a variety of stuff actually. I'll snap a few more pictures tomorrow.

Clark

Hey, good evening to all!

The past weekend was a busy one, I didn't get quite everything done I wanted but, close.

I wanted to make sure no one get's lost, soooooo... please see the map below to help you find us come next Saturday. It's a crude layout but, you get the point. If you have any questions please feel free to ask [or PM me] at your convenience. You can also send me an e-mail at [email protected] too.

Clark

7332767426_fe384ed370_c-1.jpg

bike swap map 1 by sleepersedan, on Flickr

Back