When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The $52,300.00 Dollar Schwinn!

-

cyclingday

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
The auction for the 1929 Schwinn built Streamline Henderson model KJ just ended at $52,300.00!

Wow!

It had 32 bids.

I would expect that kind of interest at the Mid America Auction in Las Vegas, but I am pretty surprised that it sold for that much from an e-bay listing.

Yeah, let's just hope the guy actually pays. You'd be surprised at how many idiots win stuff then fall off the face of the earth.

I did notice that the feedback ratings were pretty low for most of the bidders.
But, I have also noticed that the serious antique motorcycle guys don't buy a lot on e-bay, but when they do, it is usually for big bucks.

bid

marty do you have the link for the auction i did not see it i would like to see what a 53k bike looks like LOL

jaylenosgarage.com has some videos of the bikes he owns.

Do a search in the video section under Henderson KJ and watch Jay fire them up and go for a ride.

His bikes are really nice examples of what these magnificent machines were all about. Although at one point, Jay states that Schwinn was owned by Col. Albert Pope.

Sorry, Jay! Pope never owned a piece of Schwinn.

But, just to be fair, I'm sure that when you own as many phenominal machines as Jay owns, it would be easy to get a little confused from time to time.

52 Large...

I'd rather have the cash.

The more money than brains club playing the game.

What's up with the Schwinn Quality sticker on there??? Does that belong there or is it just a little tribute sticker done by the restorationist to show the Schwinn ownership of Henderson/Excelsior Motor MFG connection?

Nice ride for somebody this summer!

I don't know what I am looking at, but it's cool.
Just don't know about the 52K part...that's a lot of hookers.
Chris

Back