When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ND Model R fixed hub

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bud poe

I live for the CABE
I'm in the process of overhauling this New Departure Model R (racer?) Hub and thought I'd share a pic of the parts. I still need to get the sprocket off of the hub shell...
IMG_5615-1.jpg

Um.....what's the deal with the off center washers/spacers....?

Very interesting.......I've never seen one......

Wow! That frame is awesome! I have 2 ND model R's but i sure don't have those off set washers. Then again i don't have the frame to go with it. Very nice and please keep posting up progress on this. I need to rebuild mine soon also when i get it laced up into my Iver truss frame bike i'm putting it in.

Thanks guys!
It's a very well built machine, brazed and pinned joints, threaded bottom bracket, pretty lightweight tube...It's a LaClede model 945, late 1890's(?). This is the bike I need a block chain for. I have my work cut out for me, the forks need work, gotta find a suitable front hub (any early 1900's/late 1800's front hub in good mechanical condition will do, anyone???)....Gotta find a seat and do some work on one of the pedals, overhaul the crank assembly/bearings, plus build the wheels (I will have a "pro" do that)...I'll try to keep posting!

Blue had/has a 1901 Orient front wheel/hub listed in his "secret stash" threads...

Are your rims 36 or 28 hole? I have a very nice original nickel front 28 hole front hub that would look great on your bike or I have some patina'd hubs as well. I'll try to get some pics up.

Back