When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fourth of July bike.

-

rustyspoke66

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Fourth of July bike ready to go. 36 Shelby built Eagle. Just took this thing on a 7 mile ride yesterday and the only complaint is the prewar Goodyear tires do not perform, they held up and worked fine but the max pressure of 22 psi doesn't seem to work for a 200 plus pound guy.
SH105647-1.jpg

SH105649-1.jpg

Last edited:
That's one of my favorite frame types- I actually like the open double arch type better than the straight bar with tank look.

Great bike! Is the chain ring correct for that bike? I have one like it and was never able to ID it.

I guess I could take the pressure up but considering they are rated for 20 to 22 PSI and they are over 70 years old I didn't want to take my chances. Sure did feel it riding up a few of the small hills. As far as the chainring goes I have seen them on several Shelby built bicycles. The first bike was a 35ish Western Flyer, the second is a girls bike with a Pirate badge and this bike with a Eagle badge. I think that chainring shows up mostly on re-branded bikes built by Shelby.

My local bike shop has a early iver johnson moto bike that's decked out in patriotic colors, even the little flag clip on the head tube has 48 star flags on it. I've asked if it was for sale, but the owner's wife bought it for his birthday present.

Back