When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beware the Bluebird scam

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
He's only asking $2200?? I would like to ask him if pickup is ok and show up with the money.

Im not sure who he is but he has struck again. Its not really a scam cause I dont think anyone has really sold anything from him. He may like the attention but really its more annoying than anything

Update

I sent him an email and this is the response I got back. He is most definitely a scammer and uses the same typical "I'm overseas and you can deposit it in an escow account" MO.

Sent: Monday, September 3, 2012 2:49 PM
Subject: Re: backpage response: 1935 Elgin Bluebird 26" Men's Bicycle - Restored...

Hello,

Thank you for your email. I am glad that you want to buy my 1935 Elgin Bluebird 26" Men's Bicycle - Restored and the price I am asking is US $2,200.00. From the start I want to inform you that I left the USA a couple of days ago (next day after I listed this for sale) and I came in United Kingdom with my work (I am a member of the "Save The Children Foundation"). If you still want to buy it, we can do it in a very safe way using an escrow company. They will handle the delivery and will offer you a number of days of Inspection so you can test and see that the merchandise is exactly as described by me. I will pay all shipping/escrow fees.

Thanks,
John

Bluebird Scam

THIS IS A SCAM !!! I sold this bike to a collector in St Petersburg Russia in Dec., 2011. This person does not have this bike. This is a COMMON Craiigslist scam. This is what they do.

1) look for items on eBay that have over 1000 views.
2) download the photos of the item
3) wait about 6 months and post the item for sale on Craigslist at a ridiculously low price
4) then they require that you send the money to an overseas account because they have been "transferred" out of the country

Remember the old adage - "If it is too good to be true then............"

GARY MENEGHIN

Many of my bicycles came from craiglist including my bluebird.
It is a great and useful concept, but succeptable for abuse not being policed...but that would cost now wouldn't it?
I always insist on a phone number and talking live before any transaction and would not even consider sending money in the manner of these scams.
Chris

This kind of scam is all over craigslist.

If you are selling anything of value you get an e mail back from someone who is out of the country or working on an oil

They want to get paypal info or scam you out of the product you are selling.

Just ignore them.

Back