When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this....Schwinn?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jd56

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I have a chance to make an offer on this bike.
Looks to be a Schwinn but, because I'm not familar with this chainring....is it a Schwinn Panther?
Chainguard looks schwinn and the grips say schwinn
What is it and what would be a fair offer on the bike?

Still trying to learn these styles off Schwinns
Thx
JD

attachment.php

Schwinn Black Phantom

That's a Schwinn Black Phantom -- what are they asking -- the horn tank for one is missing & is $100.- to $200.- to replace with or without the horn - or - add the missing horn for another $40.- on up & the rear rack is also missing - $50.- on up for that too -- let us know if you get her -- RIDE VINTAGE -- Frank

Offer a couple hundred and go from there. Is the seat just a pan?

Still has lots of decent parts on it, but as previously mentioned it's also missing some stuff. Locking springer is nice, though these are often found with busted keys.

Front wheel looks painted.

It's maybe a $400 bike. Good start to a project, but will also cost time and money to do right.

Cheers, Geoff

Phantom....hmmm

The guy has about 4 bikes and was offered $900 and he didn't take it.

Not sure if I can handle another project bike. Missing the rear rack and the expensive tank...hmmmm, gives me bargaining leverage.
We'll see.
I warned the guy that I didn't want to insult him with a lowball offer. He said all you can do is ask.
Turns out its his Grandpas bikes and just trying to sell them for him.

It's all about haggling....hmmmm

Thanks everybody
JD

check out the other phantoms on sale here on cabe. $900 for this bike without a tank and rear carrier seems kind of high, but it does have the right seat with the crash tabs.

The guy has about 4 bikes and was offered $900 and he didn't take it.

Not sure if I can handle another project bike. Missing the rear rack and the expensive tank...hmmmm, gives me bargaining leverage.
We'll see.
I warned the guy that I didn't want to insult him with a lowball offer. He said all you can do is ask.
Turns out its his Grandpas bikes and just trying to sell them for him.

It's all about haggling....hmmmm

Thanks everybody
JD

Back