When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I think I have a 1928 Peerless, Not Sure

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

pearsth

On Training Wheels
My father had this bike in his garage my entire life. I had always looked at it thinking "Why don't we just put that together and ride it?" So, last weekend, he gave it to me to sell, restore, throw away, or whatever. He states it is a "1928 Peerless", but I have no idea if the date is accurate. I am assuming the brand is accurate as it has a badge.

Unfortunately, it is apart and he at one point wanted to restore it, so he sanded some paint off. Can anyone confirm a ballpark year for this bike? Any idea what it is worth? I probably wouldn't sell unless for some reason it was worth a lot of money ($1000's), which I doubt.

IMG_0732.jpg
IMG_0733.jpg
IMG_0734.jpg
IMG_0735.jpg
IMG_0736.jpg

Last edited:
It appears as though it has balloon tires, which would indicate it being post '33.
Cool bike, and welcome to theCabe.

if you like it keep it

if the seat is clean you might be able to squeek 500 out of parting the bike out- if it was mine I would ask 300.

Keep that thing and join the fun. You'll never regret it unless you are a dried up old fart.
This project will challenge, frustrate, and fulfill your life. Keep it, ask us questions, even
dumb ones, and you will be glad you did. it seems as if most of the stuff you need, you
have.

Keep that thing and join the fun. You'll never regret it unless you are a dried up old fart.
This project will challenge, frustrate, and fulfill your life. Keep it, ask us questions, even
dumb ones, and you will be glad you did. it seems as if most of the stuff you need, you
have.

Awesome post. Sometimes things said on here deserve a wink or salute, or even a subtle nod...
High five brotha!

If I were to sell, the cash would go to my Dad. For only 500, though, no point in that. I am going to restore it back to original glory (I hope). Time to start reading some threads to learn how!

Tom

I am reviving this thread. I think I want to restore this. I have had it sitting in the back of my shed. My father has since passed away and I think it would be a great thing to have and pass down for generations to come.

I really don't think I have the time to take this on myself. Is there anyone that I could hand this to and say "restore it", kind of like that American Restoration show that is popular on this forum and with fair prices? Any idea what I would be charged? I think I have all the parts but the chain, bearings, and tires.

Is it a bad idea to restore this - like hurting the value of it more than helping it?

Thanks,

Tom

I understand this is a family heirloom but a full restoration would likely cost you a couple thousand dollars.
Paint, chrome, tires, tubes, chain, bearings, spokes, if seat needs recovering.
A full blown restoration would probably cost 3X what the bike is worth.
If it was mine and it had been past down to me. I would polish the paint out, service all the bearings, and just clean the bike as best as possible.
As the saying goes, It's only original once and by completely restoring the bike to me just takes the history away from it.
Just my 2 cents.
JKent

Try cleaning it gently with 0000 steel wool and WD-40 then lightly wipe it down with boiled linseed oil...I think you'll be amazed with the results.

It's only original once!

Back