When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Woolworth bikes???

-
M

maryb

I'm going to look at a 1970's Woolworth bike tomorrow. Can anyone tell me who made bikes for woolworths? I am not a collector, but I thought maybe someone here might know. Its relatively cheap and I am going to ride around town, I just want something thats reliable. Its a 3 speed women's bike. Cheap isn't cheap if I'm constantly trying to fix it!! But gas prices finally got me. Thanks

The early shimano three speeds aren't very reliable, but a sturmey from the 70's would be. I have both and the shimano has broken at least three times and the sturmey has a bad freewheel that doesn't seem to affect anything too much.

Thanks guys! Now that I have it, I think probably Murray. The hub looks fairly new, possibly replaced. I only spent $40 on it, so if it lasts me a year or two, I've got my money's worth!! Now its time for this old babe to see if its true that you never forget!! Its been about 35 years!! Again, thanks for the info.

Mary

Back