When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1940 DX DeLuxe

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Deeeeee Luxe! Way cool Ivo. What all did you do? Never seen this model, is the American flag factory? I agree my Ranger brown love is spreading to this paint :)
Oh and I like the saddles leather color choice.

Last edited:
The flag is a 48 star sticker, there where a few decals on the bike, I decided not to tamper with them. Basically the bike was washed, minor detailing, full overhaul, seat pan distressed recovering ( Bob U ) and finding a few missing parts. The third picture above is just how I bought the bike.

The decals tell the story of the previous owner. He was a Mexican American
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359247714.391598.jpg

Just call me Sherlock-theCut. Any other shreds of evidence?

Sweet DX Ivo. I was gonna restore my '39 but have decided just to paint the parts that don't match and distress them, service it, and then ride the heck out of it! V/r Shawn

I love that American Flag sticker!
That's an awesome reminder from the days of unbridled patriotism and love of country.
Its a shame no one feels that way anymore...

Two decals on tank look American Indian, on the rear fender there is a faint decal outline of a lady wearing a long ballroom dress.

You may have something really interesting here Ivo. Ever heard of a man name César Chavez? Mexican American, Labor Leader, Civil Rights activist
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359265946.501293.jpg

1940 would if made him 13-14 yrs. old.

Where did this bike come from? César was born and later died in Arizona.

I'm just sayin'

Last edited:
Back