When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffy Basket case What is this bike 60s

-

MAD BRAD

Finally riding a big boys bike
Made a trade on this huffy bike needs alot of parts has handle bars, neck frame,forks fenders tank thats all. I have a girls purple camero donor for crank, pedals chain,seat, light ?? maybe rack chain guard . What is this
huffy1-1.jpg
bike ? it is in transit now i have no serial numbers yet. Thanks MB
huffy3-1.jpg

I believe that big badge would make it late 50s. The serial # will tell, 7H in this case would be 1957.

Thanks new to middle weights, It has been painted with a brush what we can make out is 9H ETC maybe 59 or 8 needs everything it was red . May do a custom deal. Thanks MB

Last edited:
This was on RRB for awhile. It looks like it was spray painted. The paint is too nice to match the rust on the fender brances in the back. Under that paint, on the tank, is the model this used to be. I'll bet it's a Huffy Galaxie or Eldorado.

Yes, I'm the guy who wanted the bars from this.

Huffy

Thanks for info, we are stripping the brushed on paint off. Need a photo to see whats right, on this bike. The bike is a low budget bike trying to have a little fun on the cheap. Need rims etc MB

Agree, it's a late 50's Eldorado most likely. Don't think the Galaxie came out til maybe 1959 or 1960. Fenders & fork do not look correct.

IMG_0395_zps8382dc68-1.jpg

Here's what I did with my 1961 Eldorado that had chrome too far gone to reuse but decent paint.

1961HuffyEldoradoCruiser-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks

Very cool bikes, i like all of them we will get the bike 2-2-13 . The fenders look like raleigh. The Huffy Camero stuff looks different i have a shot girls purple/white camero donor may just part out the camero . Thanks GUYS MB
HUFFYPARTIALCLEA-1.jpg
Got bike serial number is hard to read looks like 9h not sure 59?? MB

Last edited:
If you want another Huffy, I have a '66 Fury I will be sending to the crush pile this spring...I'll get rid of it cheap.

I have a '58 Eldorado and it is not the Canti frame. I am guessing that is '59 or later. The headbadge could have been swapped when it was painted. I don't think those are original fenders either.

Here is my '58 middleweight Eldorado
58_huffy-1.jpg

Back