When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Retrospect 65

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

68_STINGRAY

Finally riding a big boys bike
Circus act

I had decided to start another build, I started by looking on Ebay for a 60-69 Schwinn Stingray frame that i could start my design on, to my surprise i found a 1965 Stingray for 79$. What made this frame unique from the others was it had a raked neck, which i was planning on doing to the frame i bought any way's, so that made this build a little more easy and less expensive. I have a speedo with original chrome, it has pitting on it so i may have it replated,My plan's are to have it engraved and replated and much more. For now i will leave you with photo's of the bike frame it's self and a mock up to show how low and slick it look's.

DSCN4444.jpg

DSCN2261-1.jpg

Last edited:
So today i already started working on the frame by cutting the added brake cable clip's off and started smoothing out the area were i cut them off. I pulled out my die set ready so i can put a thread into the hole that bolt's the rear fender on, Im doing this so i can finesh capping off the area behind the seat post and still bolt the rear fender in place.

Mask to protect my lung's.
dscn2050h-1.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and let's not forget the goggles to protect my eye's.
dscn2051g-1.jpg

Started removing the clip's, on a side note, for you young guy's/girl's that might read this thread and follow my build, use protective gloves when working a grinder, if it is your first time working one dont attempt to hold it with one hand, it is very dangerious and can cause injury. (((YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED)))

DSCN2054-1.jpg

photo sharing

DSCN2055-1.jpg

Today we reaceved the propper saw's and other tool's we need so i can continue cutting off the added licence plate clip on the left side of the frame near the drop out's.

Last edited:
Lookin good.I usually stop with the grinder just before removing all the tab and finish up with a large(or med.)hand file.Makes for a smoother finish and a good sharp file works fast too.
also you might want to double check the clearance those forks have against the tank---hitting the tank was a common problem on the phantoms.If a problem you might widen the forks and add a wider tires too,for the old school look that's getting popular with motorcycles.

Lookin good.I usually stop with the grinder just before removing all the tab and finish up with a large(or med.)hand file.Makes for a smoother finish and a good sharp file works fast too.
also you might want to double check the clearance those forks have against the tank---hitting the tank was a common problem on the phantoms.If a problem you might widen the forks and add a wider tires too,for the old school look that's getting popular with motorcycles.

Thank you for the advice Sam, the clearance i have been looking into. In the mock up photo i took, i actually hadn't put the bearing cup's or bearing's in, on the grinder i didn't have a file on hand to use on this, but i cleaned up the bar's today, which i will be posting up shortly.:cool:

Here is a close up of the mock up from the other day.

dscn2047k-1.jpg

Last edited:
So today i went to the depo and picked up a new grinder because two thing's acured during working on the frame today, one the cord accedently caught the grinsing wheel and took a chunk from the cord, and to make thing's worse, the grinder stopped working while i was cutting the other clip off.

The ugly added license plate clip.
dscn2062n-1.jpg

The old grinder R.I.P
DSCN2068-1.jpg

photo sharing websites

The knoch cut in the cord.
DSCN2071-1.jpg

photo sharing websites

Back