When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1991 Wicked Fat Chance Build Up

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

milbicycleman

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hey guys, I recently bought a 1991 Wicked Fat Chance Mountain Bike that I am going to build from the frame up. It was recently professionally painted by the previous owner. What do you think?
IMG_0753.jpg
IMG_0759.jpg

NICE! Didja get the fork with it? A Switchblade would look nice on that if you didn't get the fork. Keep us posted on your progress.

What parts are you going to use? Is it going to have a 7 speed rear end? Isn't 91 about the first year for Rock Shox? In 1990, my bike had XT deraileurs, brakes, shifters, and levers, Cook Bros cranks and BB, Suntour XC Comp pedals, Off Road Flex Stem, IRD seat post, and a Cook Bros Ti bar.

It has the original rigid fork and as of now the build parts are: 7 speed xt rear derailleur, suntour xc-d front derailleur, xt front and rear brakes, gripshift shifters.

My plan is to build it up with the parts that it came with and when I find original xt parts then I will put them on the bike.

Sweet Fat.
Picture of the fork?

Fat Chance made some awesome forks.

A BOI would look awesome on there.

Progress pictures?

Update on my fat chance

Hey guys, Sorry it took me awhile to give you all an update but I ended up trading the bike in my earlier posts for a 19 inch bike out of California. Its mostly all original minus the handle bars and the wheel sets. Here are some pictures.
IMG_1233.jpg
IMG_1234.jpg
IMG_1237.jpg

Thanks, I still need to adjust the front and rear derraileurs so it shifts properly. The guy I traded bikes with told me that this new frame was built between 1989 and finished in 1990, and you can only find that information with handmade small production bikes which I find very interesting to learn about.

Back