Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Western Flyer

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Default Western Flyer

0 Not allowed!
    I have a great Western Flyer bicycle and I would love to research the serial number. A86 526826. I can't seem to find anyway to do this online. Can anyone help me with this? Is the 86 the year the bike was made?

Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 11

0 Not allowed!
    Posting a pic or two would be extremely helpful. V/r Shawn
    A "Veteran" -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is
    someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
    "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to, and including their
    life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country
    today, who no longer understand that fact.

Thumbs Up

Default Western Flyer Pictures

0 Not allowed!
    Here is a side angle, Hope it helps.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	119.9 KB 
ID:	87661
    Quote Originally Posted by Freqman1 View Post
    Posting a pic or two would be extremely helpful. V/r Shawn

Thumbs Up
    Received: 7

0 Not allowed!
    What you have there is a 70s 5 or 10 speed roadbike. Not sure but it looks to be a 24 in. wheelsize, I don't see them in that size too often. A little too new for the ballooner crowd but I sell roadbikes like that for 90-120 dollars, unless they have top end components.

Thumbs Up

Default Western Flyer

0 Not allowed!
    It is a 10 speed with 26 X 1 3/8 tires. Any idea where I can find an original saddle for this bike? Thanks for the date input. I have been wondering what decade it came from.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRider View Post
    What you have there is a 70s 5 or 10 speed roadbike. Not sure but it looks to be a 24 in. wheelsize, I don't see them in that size too often. A little too new for the ballooner crowd but I sell roadbikes like that for 90-120 dollars, unless they have top end components.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    I had a 76 Western flyer 10 speed last summer... It was ALL Dura Ace! fabulous condition too!
    www.cyclebusters.com 46 Excelsior, 46 Henderson 47 WZ, 48 hornet, 52 hornet, 55 hornet, 55 Corvette, so many bikes... so many projects. so little time

Thumbs Up
    Received: 7

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclebuster View Post
    I had a 76 Western flyer 10 speed last summer... It was ALL Dura Ace! fabulous condition too!
    Do 26 inch wheels on a tenspeed sound right to you? Up here they almost all have 27 inch rims with I think a 700 cc tire.

Thumbs Up

Default Western Flyer

0 Not allowed!
    I know very little about this bike except that I love it. I did put new gum wall tires on it, but kept the originals. Know idea why I'm keeping them. The decals and stickers are all in good shape. I gave a guy $30 for it and it's been worth every cent. I wish I knew more about it so I could sound half way intelligent when people ask me about it.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    I bet I have that seat. its blue with an eagle crest stamped into the sides.
    www.cyclebusters.com 46 Excelsior, 46 Henderson 47 WZ, 48 hornet, 52 hornet, 55 hornet, 55 Corvette, so many bikes... so many projects. so little time

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    mine was 27 inch steel, but the vast majority of the lower priced models was 26 1 3/8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast