When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western Flyer

-

princessfiona911

On Training Wheels
I have a great Western Flyer bicycle and I would love to research the serial number. A86 526826. I can't seem to find anyway to do this online. Can anyone help me with this? Is the 86 the year the bike was made?

Western Flyer Pictures

Here is a side angle, Hope it helps.
003.jpg
Posting a pic or two would be extremely helpful. V/r Shawn

What you have there is a 70s 5 or 10 speed roadbike. Not sure but it looks to be a 24 in. wheelsize, I don't see them in that size too often. A little too new for the ballooner crowd but I sell roadbikes like that for 90-120 dollars, unless they have top end components.

It is a 10 speed with 26 X 1 3/8 tires. Any idea where I can find an original saddle for this bike? Thanks for the date input. I have been wondering what decade it came from.

What you have there is a 70s 5 or 10 speed roadbike. Not sure but it looks to be a 24 in. wheelsize, I don't see them in that size too often. A little too new for the ballooner crowd but I sell roadbikes like that for 90-120 dollars, unless they have top end components.

I had a 76 Western flyer 10 speed last summer... It was ALL Dura Ace! fabulous condition too!

I know very little about this bike except that I love it. I did put new gum wall tires on it, but kept the originals. Know idea why I'm keeping them. The decals and stickers are all in good shape. I gave a guy $30 for it and it's been worth every cent. I wish I knew more about it so I could sound half way intelligent when people ask me about it.

Back